Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: tann | fir |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is off-centred quartered of green and yellow. The coat of arms is on the common point of all quarters.
Kassel District , state Hesse
banner approved on 7 July 1986
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 19 Oct 2006
Shield Or, an eradicated fir Vert.
Tann was denoted as a city already in 1197, the city rights remained defunct, as the village remained dependent from the Von-der-Tann family, which was closely connected with the Abbey of Fulda. The family acquired one half of the village and a court in 1332 and in 1687 a criminal court and the other half of the village. The village became a dominion of Bavaria from 1815 to 1866. The arms are canting, displaying a fir tree (German: Tanne). The tree has been used in the late 18th and early 19th century on municipal seals with prints of 1829. The village then had the status of a rural municipality (German: Landgemeinde).
Source: Stadler 1967, p.86
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 June 2017
back to Fulda Cities and Municipalities Page click here