
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neuhausen(fildern) | lion(red) | stem |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013
Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 July 2003 at the local town hall.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013
Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red lion, grasping a green, bendy stem of a tree with all paws.
Meaning:
The village was until 1754 ruled only by the Lords of Neuhausen. Since 1655 it was a condominion of the Lords of Neuhausen and the Lords of Rotenhan. In 1806 it became part of Württemberg. The village used from 1903-1930 unofficial arms within a blue shield with green base a black cross, which didn't match heraldic rules. The meaning or origin of these arms is not known. The present arms are based upon the newer arms of the Lords of Neuhausen. Their older arms just displayed a red, rampant lion.
Fildern is the name of a fertile high plain, consisting of the cities of Filderstadt, Leinfelden-Echterdingen and Ostfildern, the municipalities of Neuhausen auf den Fildern, Denkendorf and Wolfschlugen in the west, the Stuttgart boroughs of Vaihingen, Möhringen, Degerloch, Sillenbuch, Birkach and Plieningen in the north, the Esslingen boroughs of Berkheim and Zollberg in the east and finally the city of Aichtal in the south.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.78
The banner and was approved on 19 April 1967 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 350/1967. The coat of arms was according to Ralf Hartemink approved in 1950 and was in use since 1930.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013
back to Esslingen cities and municipalities click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: