Last modified: 2013-01-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | campo limpo paulista |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
10 October 2012
A green field with a red saltire, bordered white, with the municipal arms on a white rectangle in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 10 October 2012
Campo Limpo Paulista was originally a railway borough of Jundiaí, located at the junction of the SPR and E. F. Bragantina railways. The district of Campo Limpo was established by Municipal Law No. 2,456 of 20 December 1953. The municipality of Campo Limpo was established by State Law No. 8,092 of 28 February 1964, following a plebiscite held on 1 December 1963, and inaugurated on 21 March 1965. The name of the municipality was changed to Campo Limpo Paulista by State Law No. 9,842 of 19 September 1967.
The symbols of Campo Limpo Paulista, designed by Aricinoé Peixoto de Faria, are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 264 of 29 March 1971.
Photo of the flag: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aragao/1281767430
The shield is of the style introduced from France to Portugal and
inherited by the Brazilian heraldry through the colonization.
The six-towered mural crown is a symbol of municipal emancipation.
Argent is a symbol of peace, work, friendship, prosperity, purity and
The gear wheels placed in the middle of the shield represent the
business park managed by the Krupp company. The two eucalyptus
represent the green areas; the green bridge linking the two trees
represents the Serra dos Cristais and Serra de Botujuru mountains. The
peak below the main gear wheel represents Pico de Mursa. Green is a
symbol of civility, courtesy, joy and abundance.
The fess wavy shown in base represents river Jundiaí.
The locomotive shown in chief recalls that the town, built near an
important railway junction, was once inhabited only by railway
workers. Red is a symbol of wisdom, moderation, austerity and honesty.
The grapevines supporting the shield represent the Jundiaí region,
from which Campo Limpo was separated.
The scroll bears the name of the municipality surrounded by years
"1953" and "1964", the years of establishment of the district and of
the municipality, respectively.
http://www.campolimpopaulista.sp.gov.br/index.php/a-cidade/simbolos-da-cidade - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 31 December 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.