Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | buritizal |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Buritizal was founded on 1 May 1873 by Manoel Dias Cardoso, Manoel Martins Ferreira Costa, José Ignácio dos Santos and João Damásio Ramos. The district of Buritys was etablished by Law No. 514 of 2 August 1897 and inaugurated on 8 March 1898. The name of the place was changed to Buritizal by Decree-Law No. 4,354 of 30 November 1944. The municipality of Buritizal was established by State Law No. 2,453 of 30 December 1953, following a plebiscite organized on 8 September 1953, and inaugurated on 1 January 1955.
http://www.camaraburitizal.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Council
The symbols of Buritizal are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, as "the flag, the anthem and the coat of arms".
http://www.camaraburitizal.sp.gov.br- Municipal Constitution
The flag appears to be (horizontally divided?) yellow and red, with some coloured emblems.
Ivan Sache, 21 March 2013
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.