Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de
Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Last modified: 2014-10-04 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: nenets | competition | law | doubt | crown: antler | crowns: 8 | antler (blue) | nar’yan-mar | narhân-mar | fish: 2 | fish (white) | antler (white) | raindeer |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by Pascal Gross, 10 Jan 2004
Presentation of Nenetsia
(Note: You need an Unicode-aware software and font to correctely view the cyrillic text on this page. See here transliteration details).
- Name (english): Nenetsia • (russian, short form): Ненеция | Neneciâ • (russian, long form): Ненецкий автономный округ | Neneckiĭ avtonomnyĭ okrug
- Local official language: Nentsi
- Capital (russian): Нарян-Мар | Narhân-Mar • (english): Naryan-Mar
- Area: 176 700 km2 (≅68 200 sq.mi.) • Population: 45 900 inhabitants in 2000
- Status: Autonomous District (автономный округ | avtonomnyĭ okrug) within Arkhangelsk Region
- Federal District: Northwestern Region • Economic region: North (northern European Russia) (in the soviet era: Northwest)
- License plate code: 83 • Ham radio code: NO • ISO 3166-2 code: NEN
- Flag adopted on unkn. date • Coat of arms adopted on unkn. date
The Nentsy are a Uralic people, for whom a national area was
established in 1929. They form only a small percentage of the population,
however. Reports suggest that “sovereignty” for the area was declared in
Stuart Notholt, 05 Oct 1995
The Nenets live mainly in three different russian administrative subdivisions
(Nenetsia, Taymyr and Yamalia),
actually named after them. I dont think these (quite arbitrary) administrative
borders do coincide with any ethnographic or linguistic subgrouping of the nenets
António Martins, 11 Mar 2000
António Martins, 11 Mar 2000
- Neneckiĭ nacionalhnyĭ okrug, within Northern Region,
within the Soviet Union;
- Neneckiĭ nacionalhnyĭ okrug, within Arkhangelsk Region,
within the Soviet Union;
- Neneckiĭ avtonomnyĭ okrug, within Arkhangelsk Region,
within the Soviet Union;
- Neneckiĭ avtonomnyĭ okrug,
within Arkhangelsk Region,
Description of the flag
image on line we see that the unequal stripes of white, blue and green
quoted in the description are 7:1:1, the white and blue stripes being separated
by the Nenets ornament.
Pascal Gross, 10 Jan 2004
Project has been reported as follows: By the winner of
competition to the
project of the flag of Nenets autonomous region proved to be the so-called
"national" version: the width with the relationship/ratio of sides
2:3, divided along horizontal into three unequal strips — white,
dark-blue and green; above dark-blue strip is limited by the Nenets
Pascal Gross, 20 Dec 2002
Flag competition law
The Assembly of Deputies of the Nenets Autonomous
The Regulation On The Competition To Create The Symbols
Of The Nenets Autonomous District
(adopted by the Assembly of Deputies of the
Nenets Autonomous District, 28 January 1997 #13)
- To adopt the Regulation on the Competition to Create the Designs of the
Coat of Arms and Flag of the Nenets Autonomous District.
- To send that Resolution to the head of the administration of the
district for official publication and announcement of the competition.
- To propose to the administration of the district together with the
Rules Committee of the Assembly of Deputies the creation of a competition
commission to evaluate the works submitted in competition.
President of the
Assembly of Deputies
of the Nenets Autonomous District
V. A. Viucheiski
Supplement to the Resolution of the
In accordance with the Constitutions of the Russian Federation and of the
Nenets Autonomous District the symbols of the district are its coat of
arms and flag. The creation of special symbols of the Nenets Autonomous
District will be conducted
on a competitive basis.
of Deputies of the Nenets Autonomous District of 28.01.97 #13
Regulation On The Competition To Create The Symbols Of The Nenets
- Firms and individual authors may participate in the competition to
create the designs of the coat of arms and flag of the Nenets Autonomous
- In the creation of the designs of the coat of arms and flag of the
Nenets Autonomous District it is necessary to attend to the rules of
classical heraldry, and also to the particular qualities of the district
(wealth of natural resources,
traditions of the Nenets, Russian, and Komi peoples, the bonds of
generations, and the course of the economic, social, and cultural
development of the territory).
- Designs of coats of arms and flags shall be executed on separate sheets
of paper in A4 format (21×30 cm.) in colored and black-and-white
variants in horizontal arrangement. Explanatory remarks may be submitted
in two copies of no more than two typed pages, giving a description of the
idea of the coat of arms (flag), its colors, form, proportions, etc.
- Works in competition shall be presented to the commission without
indication of the name of the author, under a code of three numerals which
shall be placed in the upper right-hand corner of the sheet bearing the
design (height of the numerals one centimeter). To the submitted material shall
be attached a printed envelope with the same code,
containing information about the author or authors
(full name, home address, telephone number). The anonymity of the authors shall
be preserved until the adoption by decision of the Assembly of Deputies of the
District of the results of the competition.
- A prize fund for the competition to design a coat of arms and flag is
established in the amount of 10 million rubles, to be
distributed in the following manner:
Consolation prizes of 1 million rubles to the second- and third- place
awards in each field.
- for the design of the coat of arms (first prize) - 3.5 million rubles;
- for the design of the flag (first prize) - 2 million rubles;
- Competitive projects for coat of arms and flag must be submitted by
their authors no later than 1 May 1997 to the competition commission at
the address: Narian-Mar, Smidovich Street #20, District Administration,
marked "for competition."
- The competition commission shall determine the best work and recommend
it to the District Assembly for adoption as coat of arms and flag of the
District. Other works shall receive the consolation prizes presented by
the competition commission.
- The first prizes shall be awarded to works adopted by the Assembly of
Deputies of the Nenets Autonomous District as the coat of arms and flag of
the Nenets Autonomous District. The payment of the awards shall be
conducted in the course of a month after the adoption of the symbols.
- The remaining works submitted in competition shall be placed in
archives of the district and may be executed with the consent of the
authors in the production of lapel pins, memorial signs, etc.
translated by John Ayer, 24 Feb 2000
Please note that the values given
are in old roubles: On Jan 1st 1998 the rouble was
devalued 1000 fold, being one new rouble equivalent to
1000 old roubles (it was also equivalent to one US dollar
— now it is worth four cents…) All this meaning that
the first prize was worth approx. 200 USD.
António Martins, 19 Feb 2000
image by Rick Wyatt, 02 Apr 1998
For Nenets Flaggenmitteilung 207
(May 1996) reports blue - white - blue horizontal with red stripe at hoist.
Jaume Ollé, 27 Feb 2000
This flag is a fiction! I think it is a fantasy of O. Tarnovsky…
Victor Lomantsov, 07 Apr 2000
Nar’yan-Mar city flag
(Narhân-Mar | Нарьян-Мар,
a county-status city)
image by Pascal Gross, 24 Jan 2002
On the website
we can see the flag of the city of Naryan Mar, capital city of Nenetsia.
Pascal Gross, 24 Jan 2002
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: