
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2016-10-01 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: saalfeld-rudolstadt county | quartered | crancelin | eagle(black) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
![]() |
5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon Flag adopted 8 February 1995, coat-of-arms adopted 16 January 1995 |
See also:
Green-yellow with the arms. The first and the fourth quarters contain the arms of the principality of Schwarzburg.
Sources: flag from Ulle 2000, arms from the Thuringia official website.
Stefan Schwoon, 16 March 2001
Flag adopted 8 February 1995, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From 's Ralf Hartemink's webpage :
The arms were granted on 16 January 1995. Saalfeld was an important city and from 1680-1745 the capital of the Duchy of Saxony-Saalfeld. This is symbolised by the arms of Saxony in the second and third quarter. The other two quarters show the arms of the Princes of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996.
back to index of Thuringia county-free cities and counties page click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: