
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2013-10-23 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bad urach | hengen | horn | beech |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Jörg Majewski, 19 Apr 2013
See also:
Description of banner:
It is a blue - white -red vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 July 2003 at the local town hall.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 May 2013
Description of coat of arms:
In a golden (= yellow) shield is a red horn chained blue with three feathers (blue - white - red) in the mouthpiece.
Meaning:
Urach had been a market town. It belonged to Württemberg since 1265. Urach became a city at the end of the 13th century and the oldest seal dates from the same time. It already displayed a horn, but without feathers and not in a shield. The horn was placed in a shield and finally in the early 20th century the feathers were added, which were, like the horn itself, taken from the crest of the Counts of Wüürttemberg.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.105
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 May 2013
image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Apr 2013
Description of banner:
It is a green - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: "Wappenbuch - Die Städte- und Gemeindewappen im Landkreis Reutlingen" , p.28; Münsingen-Rietheim, 2001
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Oct 2013
Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a green, rooted beech tree.
Meaning:
Hengen was first mentioned in 1272 as a farm, which had been a donation of Ulrich, son of Sigfried of Urach to the monastery in Offenhausen. The region became a property of Württemberg either in 1251 or 1265. The village was incorporated into Urach on 1 December 1972. The tree is representing the so called "Henger Dicke", which had been a pasturage in a hague of beeches, which was turned into farmland by forest clearance in the 16th century.
Source: "Wappenbuch - Die Städte- und Gemeindewappen im Landkreis Reutlingen" , p.28; Münsingen-Rietheim, 2001
The coat of arms was adopted in 1931 by the local council, the colours in 1956.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Oct 2013
back to Reutlingen cities and municipalities click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: