Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hattersheim am main | parted per bend sinister | lion(red) | fleur-de-lis(yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is quartered of red and white, the upper quarters being smaller. The coat of arms is placed upon the intersection point of the quarters.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 27 April 1964
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 26 July 2006
The shield is parted per bend sinister, above right in a field Argent a lion rampant issuant Gules, beneath left in a field Azure a fleur-de-lis Argent.
The arms are derived from the seal of Knight Rupert von Heydersheim from 1248. The fleur-de-lis is at the time also the symbol for St. Mary, who appeared on the local seal in 1675. Beneath St. Mary had been the wheel of the Archbishopric of Mainz, to which the village belonged since 1581. The colours are symbolising the former rulers in the area; silver and red for the Archbishops of Mainz, silver red and blue for Hessen, blue for Falkenstein and Nassau. In the 1950s the seal of 1675 was the base for the design below, where the saint was replaced by a fleur-de-lis.
The coat of arms was approved in 1963.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.46
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2017
back to Main-Taunus Cities and Municipalities Page click here