
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2017-11-20 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neudenau | wheel(8 spokes) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017
See also:
It is a white-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017
Shield Gules an 8-spokes wheel Argent.
Meaning:
Neudenau had been a city before 1263. It is assumed that Friedrich II granted city rights in 1236. Neudenau had been owned by Amorbach Abbey as a fiefdom of the Bishopric of Würzburg. Since 1276 the city was owned by local kins, before it finally became a possession of the Archbishopric of Mainz in 1364 until 1802, together with the namesake castle. The oldest seal with prints since 1542 existed since the early 15th century. Like other cities the arms only displayed the wheel of the Electorate of Mainz, but with eight spokes as a distinguishing mark. Between 1803 and 1806 the wheel was replaced by three eagles from the arms of the Princes of Leiningen. The wheel was restored in 1900.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.76
The arms were approved in 1900 by Minister of Interior of Baden.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017
back to Heilbronn cities and municipalities click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: