Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Eichstätt County (Germany)

Kreis Eichstätt, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: eichstaett county | crozier | attire | torch | base | lozengy(white-blue) | demi-eagle | deer's head |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Eichstätt County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 20 Sep 2001
approved 22 November 1974
See also:

Eichstätt County Banner

White-red-yellow stripes. Eichstätt is an ancient bishopric (prince-bishopric until 1803), hence the crozier in the arms.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1966, p.99
Source: Kleine Wappenkunde der Gemeinden im Landkreis Eichstätt (Brief Heraldry of Municipalities in Eichstätt County, German text only)

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The new arms were granted on 22November 1974. The new arms show still the crozier from the old arms. The deer's head is replaced by the attire, and the torch is added. The torch symbolises the industrial area around Ingolstadt in the county. The base is also added and shows the lozenges of the arms of Bavaria. A large part of the new county belongs to Bavaria already for many centuries.
Literature: [presumably Linder and Olzog 1996].
Stefan Schwoon, 20 Sep 2001

Eichstätt County Banner until 1972

[Eichstätt County banner 1972 (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon,
approved 11 March 1966

White-red-yellow. The county was enlarged by parts of Ingolstadt county and was integrated into Oberbayern district during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1966, p.99
The old arms were granted on March 11, 1966. The county belonged until 1305 for the largest part to the Counts of Hirschberg, represented by the deer's head. The crozier is representing the bishops of Eichstätt, the successors of the Counts of Hirschberg. The area belonged to the bishops until 1803 when it became part of Bavaria. In 1817 King Max Joseph of Bavaria created the principality of Leuchtenburg and gave it to his son in law, Eugen Beauharnais, nephew of Napoleon I of France. The principality, to which the county belonged, existed until 1852. The eagle is derived from the eagle of Napoleon and his family.
Source: Stadler 1966, p.99
Stefan Schwoon, 20 Aug 2001


back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Freundschafts-Pin
 Deutschland - Botsuana Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Guatemala Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge des Languedoc Rousillion
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Ecuador
(250 x 150 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Schweden
 (150 x 90 cm) Basic-Qualität Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop