Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Dingolfing-Landau County (Germany)

Kreis Dingolfing-Landau, Niederbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2022-06-25 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: dingolfing-landau | dingolfing(county) | landau(county) | chief | lozengy(white-blue) | lion(silver) | bend |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Dingolfing-Landau County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 26 Sep 2001
See also:

Dingolfing-Landau County

Dingolfing County merged with Landau County during the 1972 municipal reform to form Dingolfing-Landau County. After its foundation until 1973 the county was known for a time under the name Untere Isar. The seat of the county is Dingolfing.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001

Dingolfing-Landau County Banner

It is white-red vertical bicolour with arms shifted to top.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000

Stefan Schwoon, 26 September 2001

Dingolfing-Landau County Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale; at dexter Gules a lion rampant Argent climbing a quadruplemount of the same issuant from dexter base; at sinister abased parted per fess engrailed, above Gules a fess Argent invected above and engrailed below, beneath Argent.
Meaning: The arms are a combination of elements from the two older arms. The lion is taken from those of Landau County, the bars from those Dingolfing County. The chief with the arms of Bayern is taken from both older arms.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996
Santiago Dotor, 4 Dec 2003

The banner is used used unofficially (i.e. without approval from the relevant authorities). The arms were approved on 1 October 1974.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001 and Santiago Dotor, 4 Dec 2003


Dingolfing County until 1972

Dingolfing County Banner

[Dingolfing County flag 1972 (Germany)] 5:2image by Stefan Schwoon, 27 Sep 2001
abolished 30 June 1972

Dingolfing County used a white-red vertical bicolour with arms shifted to top.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001

Dingolfing County Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale, at dexter abased parted per fess engrailed, above Gules a fess Argent invected above and engrailed below, at sinister Gules a bend Argent chief lozengy of Argent and Azure.
Meaning:
The chief displays the arms of the Wittelsbach kin and Bayern and is symbolising the fact that the county gradually became a possession of this family between 1228-1251. The divided lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Frontenhausen, former ruler of parts of the county before 1226, at dexter. The bend is taken from the arms of the Bishopric of Regensburg, which also owned a part of the county since 1257.

Source: Stadler 1964, p.27
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003

The banner was used without approval. The coat of arms was approved on 16 January 1957. Both were abolished on 30 June 1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001 and Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003


Landau County until 1972

Landau County Banner

[Landau County flag 1972 (Germany)] 5:2image by Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001

It was a white-red-white vertical triband with arms shifted to top.
Source: Linder and Schmidt 2000
Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001

Landau County Coat of Arms

Shield Gules a lion rampant Argent climbing a quadruplemount of the same issuant from dexter base, chief lozengy of Argent and Azure.
Meaning:
The chief displays the arms of Bayern, as some parts of the county already belonged to Bayern since 1224. The lower part shows the arms of one of the major noble families in the 14th century, the Counts of Leonberg. These arms are canting meaning " lion mountain".
Source: Stadler 1964, p.54
Santiago Dotor, 18 June 2003

The banner was approved on 17 March 1960. The coat of arms was approved on 21 May 1959. Both were abolished on 30 June 1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001


back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Kolonialflagge Gibraltar
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Kroatien
 (90 x 60 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne von Hoyerswerda
 (150 x 90 cm) Premium Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Gabun Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Stockflaggen Nordirland
 (45 x 30 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop