
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: celle | lion(blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
2:3 image by Stefan Schwoon, 2 Feb 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International
Civic Arms website: The arms were granted on 24 August 1928. The arms
are derived from the arms of the Dukes of Celle-Lüneburg, a branch of the
Welfen
dynasty. The Dukes used the arms with the lion and the field scattered
with hearts. In the arms of the county the number of hearts has been reduced
to one!.
Literature: Stadler 1964, p.23
back to County and Municipal Flags (Lower Saxony / Niedersachsen) click here.
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: