
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis tirschenreuth | tirschenreuth county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (lion: rampant) | coat of arms: per pale (dragon: red) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
![]() |
5:2 ![]() by Stefan Schwoon Coat-of-arms adopted 2nd October 1957, flag adopted 19th November 1968, abolished 30th June 1972 |
See also:
Yellow-red, adopted 19.11.1968. In 1973, the county was merged with Kemnath and a new flag was adopted afterwards. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 7 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 2, 1957. The arms show the lion of the Pfalz, as the county historically belonged to the Pfalz. The dragon is the legendary arms of Count Diepold von Cham-Vohburg, who founded the abbey in Waldsassen. This abbey acquired a huge territory until 1804 when it was dismantled. The abbey also used the dragon in its arms. Most of the county was owned by the abbey.Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 7 July 2003
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: