
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2013-12-09 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis dingolfing | dingolfing county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: chief (bavaria) | coat of arms: per pale (bend: wavy) | coat of arms: per pale (bend: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
![]() |
5:2 ![]() by Stefan Schwoon Coat-of-arms adopted 16th January 1957, abolished 30th June 1972 |
See also:
Dingolfing County used a white-red flag, without permission. The county merged with Landau during the 1972 municipal reform to form Dingolfing-Landau county. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on January 16, 1957.The upper part shows the arms of the Wittelsbach family and Bayern and symbolise the fact that the district gradually became a possession of this family between 1228-1251. The divided lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Frontenhausen, who ruled a large part of the district prior to 1226. The bend is the arms of the State of Regensburg, who also owned a part of the district since 1257.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: