
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis kronach | kronach county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: black) | coat of arms: per pale (hearts: red) | coat of arms: per pale (hearts: 9) | coat of arms: base (wheel: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
![]() |
![]() by Stefan Schwoon Coat-of-arms adopted 11 April 1957, confirmed 5 June 1973, flag adopted 7 November 1978 |
See also:
Yellow-blue stripes, adopted 07.11.1978. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 3 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on April 11, 1957 and confirmed on June 5, 1973.The two lions are the lions of Bamberg and Orlamünde. The largest part of the county belonged since 1122 to the Bishops of Bamberg, whereas the Counts of Orlamünde owned the castle and estate of Lauenstein in the northern part of the county.
The lower part shows in the colours of the Cistercian abbey of Langheim, a wheel. The wheel symbolises the forestry and many small rivers in the district, and the many water mills therein.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 15 January 2004
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: