Last modified: 2018-11-26 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018
IED Colegio Aníbal Fernández de Soto was established in Suba (Bogotá) by
Resolution No. 122, adopted on 2 August 1974. The school's namesake, the lawyer
Aníbal Fernández de Soto Valderrama (d. 2004) was Mayor (Partido Conservador) of
Bogotá in 1973-1974.
The flag of IED Colegio Aníbal Fernández de Soto, designed by Satura Ponce de León, is horizontally divided orange-white, with a green triangle in the center. The triangle symbolizes a free natural environment that points to a perfect balance between orange, meaning abundance, and white, meaning the educationalist's purity.
Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014
Institución Educativa Anibal Martinez Zuleta (AMAZUL) is located in
Zapatosa (Cesar Department).
The institute is named for Anibal Martinez Zuleta (1927-2014), a
former Mayor of Valledupar and Representative, one of the warmest
supporters of the establishment of the Cesar Department, and former
Comptroller General of Colombia.
The flag of AMAZUL is horizontally divided blue-white. The upper stripe represents the Zapatosa Laguna, which baths the place and is the main source of income for the region, fishing. The lower stripe represents peace and tranquility.
Source: http://www.ieamazul.com/spip.php?article3 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 26 July 2018
Colegio Antares was founded in 1993 in Medellín as Mercavisión Infantil Ltda,
an English academy. Renamed Centro Educativo Gusanitos Traviesos on 27 August
1997, the institute adopted its current name on 1 June 2000.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided purple-gray with the school's emblem in the center.
Source: http://colegioantares.edu.co/2-corporativo?start=8#nuestros-s%C3%ADmbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014, 26 July 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 22 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior Antioqueña was established on 21 January 1936 by His
Grace Tiberio de Jesús Salazar y Herrera (1871-1942), Archbishop of Medellín
(1937-1942), together with Universidad Pontifica Bolivariana.
The flag of the institute, designed in 1936 by María de los Dolores González Berrío, the institute's co-founder, is horizontally divided light blue-dark blue, after the uniform of the time, made of a light blue overall and a dark blue skirt. Light blue is a symbol of heavens and of the dedication of the institute to the Blessed Virgin. Dark blue is a symbol of the sea's intensity and resources; it also represents the quality and fecundity of teaching and education to virtue and science.
Source: http://www.ensa.edu.co/Simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 16 June 2018
Liceo Departamental was established by Order No. 6E, adopted on 11 June 1993,
to be renamed to Liceo Antioqueño the next year. Institución Educativa Liceo
Antioqueño was established in 2002 by merging Liceo Antioqueño and Escuela
Avenidas; Sede Serramonte was incorporated to the institute in 2008.
Source: IE Liceo Antioqueño website
The flag of IE Liceo Antioqueño is horizontally divided green-white-green.
Source: IE Liceo Antioqueño website
Ivan Sache, 16 June 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
Image based on www.tdea.edu.co.
Dov Gutterman, 18 April 2003
Institución Universitaria Tecnológico de Antioquia, located in Robledo
commune, part of the town of Medellín (Antioquia Department), counts
13,000 students, who study in the central seat and in secondary seats
located in another 81 municipalities. The institute is made of the
four Faculties of Administrative and Economical Science; Education
and Social Science; Legal Investigation, Forensics and Health; and
Centro Educacional Femenino de Antioquia (CEFA), originally
established in 1935, was transformed in 1979 into Instituto Central
Femenino. Academic classes started on 14 March 1983. Renamed Instituto
Central Femenino por el de Tecnológico de Antioquia by Ordinance No.
56 of 14 December 1989, the institute was split into CEFA and
Tecnológico de Antioquia by Ordinance No. 13 of 18 December 1992.Institución Universitaria Tecnológico de Antioquia was eventually
established by Resolution No. 3,612 of 4 July 2006.
Source: http://www.tdea.edu.co/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green with the institute's emblem in the middle. The colours are those of the flag of Antioquia.
The emblem of the institute is made of a shield horizontally divided white-green, the colours of Antioquia. The white stripe is charged with three cogwheels representing the technological orientation of the institute, each of a different colour and forming a single harmony: red for work, golden yellow for science, and blue for virtue, promoting the progress of the department. The green stripe is charged with mountains, as a symbol of the force of the people from Antioquia. Beneath the shield is a scroll inscribed with the Latin motto "LABOR - VIRTUS - SCIENTIA" (Work - Virtue - Science).
Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
image by Zoltan Horvath, 3 March 2011
On August 21, 2010 I saw the flags of the EIA (Escuela de Ingeniería de
Antioquia, Engineering School of Antioquia). The EIA has a flag which is a
horizontal navy blue with the
logo on the middle, encircled in a thin black outline. The Logo is an owl,
with the letters EIA, and below the full name of the University, plus their
motto "Ser, Saber y Servir" (To be, to know and to serve). However the flag has
the logo without the motto. Picture taken in 2010 by some University graduates.
A variant (earlier) flag is seen displaying the CoA of the University. Picture taken at a Campus event, most likely in 2003
image by Zoltan Horvath, 3 March 2011
The EIA was established in 1978.
For further information please see: EIA (official website): http://www.eia.edu.co/
Esteban Rivera, 2 March 2011
image by Dov Gutterman, 21 July 2002
Image based on www.udea.edu.co.
Dov Gutterman, 21 July 2002
The flag of the Department of Antioquia
is derived from the flag of the University of Antioquia.
Carlos Thompson, 23 March 2003
The flag is presented graphically on the university
website, with the following explanation:
- White represents the limpidity of customs, characteristic of the university life.
- Green recalls hope, permanent virtue and an optimistic horizon.
Ivan Sache, 20 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 17 February 2010
Instituto Departemental de Media "Antonia Santos"
CASD is the merger of two educational institutes situated in
Villavicencio, Centro Auxiliar de Servicios Docentes CASD
"Antonia Santos" (founded by National Decree No. 327,
19 February 1979) and Instituto Departamental de Media Tecnica
INDEMET (founded by Departmental Decree No. 481, 17 December
The institute is named for Antonia Santos (1782-1819), a guerilla leader in the struggle for independence, sentenced to death by the Spaniards and shot on 28 July 1819.
The flag of the institute has a background made of three colours placed vertically: green, white and orange. Green represents the immensity of our Colombian plains and forests; it is also the colour of the Department of Meta. White represents the permanent quest of God by the human being, the transparency of the human being in search of the values defended by the institute: autonomy, liberty, justice, solidarity, compromise, respect and honesty. These seven values are represented by seven silver stars surrounding the emblem of the institute placed on the white field. Number seven represents in the Bible perfection in the human being. Orange represents the daily rising of the sun, as a symbol of the Colombian East. It also alludes to the free men watching daily the sun.
The flag was designed by Andrés Felipe Niño Solano, student in 2006, grade 11-07, in Systems Administration.
The emblem of the institute uses the colours of the Department of Meta (see above). The three human figures with raised arms represents those who receive knowledge, as the base of their subsequent development. The orange disk on the central figure represents the daily rising of the sun (see above). It also means that each person, while belonging to a social group, is unique and non repeatable, and realizes himself through its own effort. The immediate reading of the emblem is "a group of people united for the realization of a new society". The name of the institute is placed in the lower part of the rectangular emblem.
Valentin Poposki and Ivan Sache, 16 and 17 February 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 29 July 2014
Liceo Nacional was established in 1937 in Chia (Cundinamarca Department), as
Liceo Nacional Femenino, renamed Liceo Nacional Femenino Antonia Santos in 1948,
when it was prescribed that all state-owned educational institutes should be
named for a hero of the national history. The institute is named for Antonia
Santos (1782-1819), a guerilla leader in the struggle for independence,
sentenced to death by the Spaniards and shot on 28 July 1819.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-red.
Source: http://www.liceonacionalantoniasantos.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=15&Itemid=58 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 29 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 13 October 2014
Institución Educativa Antonio Derka Santo Domingo was established in Medellín
(Antioquia Department) by Resolution No. 4,907 of 6 May 2008, as the merger of
two schools named for Antonio Derka and St. Dominic Savio, respectively.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-white-blue (1:2:1) with the institute's emblem in the middle. Yellow is a symbol of joy, felicity, intelligence, energy, and cognitive resources. White is a symbol of purity, light, transparency, perfection, harmony, and tranquillity. Blue is a symbol of loyalty, trust, knowledge, intelligence, faith, and tranquillity.
Source: http://manualdeconvivencia.wordpress.com/filosofia-institucional/bandera/ - Institute's Etiquette Guidebook
The emblem of the institute features a book, representing knowledge and its power of transformation; a mountain range, representing willingness to get rid of difficulties to reach elevated goals, and the local and historical identity; peoples, highlighting education based on integral development; a sun, representing cognitive resources, the energy as a source of life, and the shining force opening minds through knowledge.
The motto of the institute, placed beneath the emblem, reads "We educate for life with quality, love, and joy".
Ivan Sache, 13 October 2014