
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2026-05-16 by martin karner
Keywords: appenzell innerrhoden | shooting |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
See also:
images located by Martin Karner
The AIKSV was established in 1885 (website). Until 2001 the official
name was Appenzell-Innerrhodischer Kantonalschützenverein.
The flag doesn't show the coats of arms of the actual districts (communes), but of the ancient Rhoden,
which were replaced by the new districts in the cantonal constitution of 1872. The old Rhoden are
still vividly remembered by the population, and their flags are presented every year at the Landsgemeinde
(public legislative assembly) and at the Corpus Christi procession. Where possible, the new districts adopted
the emblems of the old Rhoden.
The emblems on the AIKSV flag represent the Rhoden of: Schwende,
Rüte, Lehn, Schlatt, Gonten, Rinkenbach,
Stechlenegg, Oberegg/Hirschberg (combined emblem of the
half-Rhoden Oberegg and Hirschberg; today the emblem of Oberegg).
Martin Karner
Communal sections: https://www.aiksv.ch/content/verband/vereine-des-aiksv
Shooting ranges: https://www.aiksv.ch/content/verband/vereine-des-aiksv/schuetzenstaende
![[Veterans]](../images/c/ch@ai-vet2024.jpg)
![[Veterans Standard]](../images/c/ch@ai_vet_st.jpg)
![[Veterans]](../images/c/ch@ai-vet1958.jpg)
Until 1949 the veterans of Innerrhoden, Ausserrhoden and St. Gallen were organized in a common section. In 1949 separate sections were founded.
[1] Heinz Häsler: Uns zur Freude der Jugend zum Vorbild | 100 Jahre VSSV, 2004
![[flag FSO]](../images/c/ch-ai@clanx.jpg)
The club was established in 1901, and is based in Meistersrüte (Appenzell district). The current flag was introduced in 1957.
![[flag FSO]](../images/c/ch-ai@fso.jpg)
The club was established in 1825. The current flag was introduced in 1992 (website).
♦ Photos: obverse (source), reverse (source)
♦ Postcard showing the first club flag, which was in use from
1904 to 1954. The postcard was made in 1925 on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the club. The flag
is today in the possession of the Historischer Verein Appenzell. (source)
See also: Oberegg district
![[flag BSSH]](../images/c/ch-ai@bssh.jpg)
![[logo BSSH]](../images/c/ch-ai@bssh).jpg)
The club was established in 2008, the flag was introduced in the same year (website).
See also: Schlatt-Haslen district
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: