Last modified: 2013-06-01 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | mirandópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Mirandópolis was founded in 1934, as the village of São João da
Saudade, by Colonel Manoel Alvez de Athaíde. Timber extraction, as
well as coffee and cotton cultivation boosted the development of the
town. The district of Comandande Árbues, named for Colonel Pedro
Árbues, a former commander of the State public forces, was inaugurated
on 22 May 1937. Athaíde was not involved either in the process of
establishment of the district or of the selection of the new name;
once a wealthy, respected landlord, he would die in 1972, aged 86,
ruined and completely forgotten.
The municipality of Mirandópolis was established by State Law-Decree
No. 14,334 of 30 November 1944 and inaugurated on 1 January 1945. The
municipality is named for Senator Rodolfo Miranda.
http://www.mirandopolis.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Mirandópolis are prescribed in Article 2 of the
Municipal Constitution, adopted on 5 April 1990 and last amended on 10
December 2010, as "the flag, the coat of arms and the anthem,
representative of its culture and history".
http://www.camaramineirosdotiete.sp.gov.br/index2.php? - Municipal Constitution
The flag of Mirandópolis is vertically divided blue-red (1:2). Over the intersection of the two fields is placed a white rectangle charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 19 May 2013
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.