Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | lucianópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Lucianópolis was founded by Colonel Eduardo de Souza Porto, a pioneer
from the region of Fernão, on the bank of river Gralha. The village
that developed nearby was named São Pedro das Antas. The district of
Gralha was established by Law No. 70 of 24 September 1924, as part of
the municipality of Piratininga, and transferred to the newly
established municipality of Duartina by Law no. 2,151 of 11 December
The municipality of Lucianópolis was established by State Law No.
2,456 of 30 December 1953. The municipality is named for the State
Representative Luciano Nogueira Filho, who tabled the Bill aiming at
the municipal emancipation of Gralha.
The flag of Lucianópolis is light blue with a white-red-white saltire. In the middle of the flag is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 19 April 2013
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.