Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | itaberá |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 11 April 2013
Itaberá was founded in 1848 by three farmers originating from Minas
Gerais, José Rodrigues Simões, Francisco Antônio da Silva and Antônio
Joaquim Diniz. A chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Conception of
Lavrinhas was erected in 1832. The chapel was named for river
Lavrinhas, from which pioneers attempted to wash off diamonds and
gold, to no avail.
The municipality of Lavrinhas was established by State Decree No. 152
of 8 April 1891 and inaugurated on 25 April 1891. The municipality was
renamed Itaberá by State Law No. 975 of 20 December 1905, for a Tupi-
Guarani word meaning "shining stone", referring to the aforementioned,
http://www.camaraitabera.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Itaberá are prescribed in Article 3 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 6 December 2004 and superseding the
Constitution originally adopted on 23 April 1990, as "the symbols
established by Municipal Law, that is the flag, the coat of arms and
http://www.camaraitabera.sp.gov.br/index2.php? - Municipal Constitution
The flag is white with the coat of arms in the middle.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: