Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | indiana |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 10 April 2013
Indiana was founded by Captain Francisco Whitaker, Colonel Arthur de
Aguiar Diederichsen and Alonso Junqueira. Diederichsen ran, together
with Francisco Tibiriça, the "Diederichsen & Tibiriça" company, aimed
at building a road linking the São Paulo and Mato Grosso States; field
work started in May 1906, led by Captain Whitaker. Alonso Junqueira
established the Laranja Doce post, originally a ranch with a zinc
roof, located on the today's site of Indiana downtown. The district of
Indiana, named for the several native tribes that lived in the region,
was established by Decree No. 6,638 of 31 August 1934, as part of the
municipality of Presidente Prudente, and transferred to the
municipality of Regente Feijó by Decree No. 7,262 of 28 January 1935.
The municipality of Indiana was established by Law No. 233 of 24
December 1948 and inaugurated on 17 March 1949.
http://www.indiana.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Indiana is quartered red-yellow. In the middle of the flag is placed a white disk charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: