Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | ibirarema |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 9 April 2013
Ibirarema originates in the establishment of the village of Pau d'Alho
on the right bank of the river of the same name. "Pau d'alho" (lit. garlic wood)
is the local name of the tree Gallesia integrifolia
(Spreng.) Harms, referring to the garlic flavour of its flowers. In
1913, João Corrêa and Nadário Marana moved the village closer to the
building site of the Sorocabana railway and renamed it Ibirarema. The
railway station was inaugurated on 12 October 1914, which boosted the
development of the village. The district of Pau d'Alho was established
by Law No. 1,889 of 11 December 1922, as part of the municipality of
Salto Grande, and inaugurated on 3 May 1923.
The municipality of Ibirarema was established by State Decree-Law No.
14,334 of 30 November 1944 and inaugurated on 1 January 1945.
http://www.ibirarema.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Ibirarema are prescribed in Article 4 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 17 March 1990, as "the flag and the anthem".
Oddly enough, the coat of arms is not listed among the symbols.
http://www.camaraibirarema.sp.gov.br/imagens/lei_organica.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is green with a white saltire. In the middle of the flag is
placed a white rectangle charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: