Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | estiva gerbi |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 6 April 2013
Estiva Gerbi was founded around 1850 as the village of São João. The village developed around 1878 during the building of the railway line between São José de Mogi Mirim and Nossa Senhora do Desterro da Casa Branca. Close to river Oriçanga, the railway workers came across a completely flooded area and were forced to oversummer ("estivar") there. The railway station eventually built was named Estiva. In 1893, Lourenço Gerbi purchased an estate near the railway station and built a ceramics factory ("Indústria de Cerâmica Gerbi"), initiating the industrialization of Estiva. The municipality of Estiva Gerbi was established on 19 May 1991 and inaugurated on 1 January 1993.
The symbols of Estiva Gerbi are prescribed in Article 2 of the
Municipal Constitution, adopted on 26 June 1993, as "the flag, the
coat of arms and the anthem, established by Municipal Law".
http://www.cmeg.com.br/lei_municipio.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is white with a red triangle at the upper left corner and a blue triangle at the lower right corner. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms.
Photos (retrieved by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg):
Ivan Sache, 6 April 2013
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.