Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | embaúba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Embaúba was founded by the landlord Balbino Rodrigues Coelho. The village of Coelho was quickly renamed Albuquerque, for Bento Vieira Albuquerque, Mayor of Jaboticabal in 1912. The district of Albuquerque was established by Decree-Law No. 6,607 of 16 April 1934, as part of the municipality of Jaboticabal. Being located quite far from the seat of the municipality, the district was transferred to Pirangi by Decree-Law no. 6,997 of 7 March 1935. For the same reason, Albuquerque was transferred to Cajobi by Decree-Law No. 9,775 of 30 November 1938. The district was renamed Embaúba by Decree-Law no. 14,338 of 30 November 1944. "Embaúba" is the name given in Brazil to different trees belonging to genus Cecropia. The municipality of Embaúba was established by State Law No. 6,645 of 9 January 1990.
The flag of Embaúba is white with the municipal coat of arms.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: