Last modified: 2013-04-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | cedral |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Cedral was founded at an unknown date. The first known inhabitants
(1900) are Felicio Bottino, Severiano Vicente Ferreira, Colonel
Silverio da Cunha Lacerda and Vicente Ferreira da Silva. The first
settlers experienced several difficulties to clear the forest of
cedars, therefore the name given to the place. The town increased
after the inauguration of the railway station by "Estrada de Ferro
Araraquara" in 1912. The district of Cedral was established by State
Law No. 1,664 adopted in 1920, as part of the municipality of Rio Preto.
The municipality of Cedral was established by State Law No. 2,399 of
of 27 December 1929 and inaugurated on 16 March 1930.
http://www.cedral.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Cedral is red with, in the middle, a white lozenge placed vertically and charged with the municipal coat of arms. Outside the lozenge two yellow buds, also shown on the dexter part of the coat of arms.
Image based on one submitted on 10 February 2013 to
Wikimedia Commons by "Prefeitura Municipal"
Ivan Sache, 23 March 2013
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.