Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | cafelândia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Cafelândia originates in the establishment in 1916 of a railway
station by "Estrada de Ferro Noroeste do Brasil". Two settlements
developed nearby, separated by river Saltinho. José Zucchi established
the village of Alfonso Pena, named for the railway station, on the
left bank, while Broldo Arruda established the village of Cafelândia
on the right bank. The two villages were united in 1919 to form the
district of Cafelândia. The name of Cafelândia alludes to the
millions coffee trees that were grown there. Among the most famous
coffee growers were the Simões, whose ancestor Colonel Manoel
Rodrigues Simões had sailed on river Tietê and colonized the region as
soon as 1896.
The municipality of Cafelândia was established by State Law No. 2,113
of 30 December 1925, seceding from Pirajui, and inaugurated on 11
http://www.cafelandia.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Cafelândia is presented on Wikimedia Commons as white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
The image was contributed on 10 February 2013 by "Prefeitura
Municipal", quoting the official municipal website as the source. No
other source for the flag was found.
Several municipal flags have been recently uploaded with the same
credit, although, in most cases, the matching municipal website does
not show the flag. However, photos of the flags, when available,
indicate that the accuracy of these submissions is quite high (except
the 2:3 proportions that do not match the common use of 14:20
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: