Last modified: 2012-12-09 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | bananal |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger, 25 September 2012
A green flag bearing an emblem in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 25 September 2012
Bananal was founded in 1783 by João Barbosa de Camargo and his wife Maria Ribeiro de Jesus. During the boom of coffee, Bananal was the first producer of coffee in Brazil. The oldest pharmacy still active in Brazil was founded in the town in 1830. The railway station, imported in kit form from Belgium, was inaugurated in 1889. The municipality of Bananal was established in 1832.
The flag of Bananal was designed by César Albino Fernandes de Oliveira. In 2010, children from the Zenóbia de Paula Ferreira and José Luiz Ferreira Guimarães schools translated the origin description of the flag from Portuguese to English. Green represents the fauna, flora and forests of the region. The crown recalls the Imperial period.
Ivan Sache, 12 November 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.