Last modified: 2013-01-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | aramina | saltire (red fimbriated white) | rectangle (white) | coat of arms |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipal coat of arms was
changed, too. It is green with a white-bordered red saltire, and
the municipal coat of arms on a white disk, bordered red, overall.
http://www.aramina.sp.gov.br/brasao.asp - Municipal website The municipality of Aramina (5,150 inhabitants in 2010; 20,270 ha) is located in northern São Paulo State.
Aramina was founded in 1905 but received its present name only in 1910, when the Mogi Railway Company established a station there. The place was name for a plant* common in the area. The district of Aramina was established in 1935. The municipality of Aramina was established by State Law No. 8,002 of 28 February 1964, following a plebiscite held on 1 December 1963, and inaugurated on 4 April 1965.
*"aramina" is the local name of Urena lobata L. (Caesar weed), a
plant belonging to the Malvaceae family. The plant is used in Brazil
to produce a jute-like fiber sold as "aramina fiber".
image by Joseph McMillan
The flag is dark green with a white-bordered red
saltire, and the municipal coat of arms on a white rectangle overall.
Source: Official municipal website
Joseph McMillan, 1 April 2003
This flag shown is, most probably, obsolete.
Ivan Sache, 30 December 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.