Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Fraiburgo, Santa Catarina(Brazil)

Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | fraiburgo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Fraiburgo] image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 5 February 2007
http://www.fraiburgo.sc.gov.br/site/index.asp?page=bmunicipio.htm
See also:

Municipality

The municipality of Fraiburgo (34,606 inhabitants in 2010; 54,600 ha) is located 375 km west of Florianópolis.

Fraiburgo was established in 1937 by the brothers René and Arnoldo Frey on a territory once disputed between Fazendas Liberata and Buitá Verde. Carlos Guilherme Frey and four of his eight children (René, Arnoldo, Joana and Agnes aka Inês) emigrated from Alsace, arriving in Salvador on 12 October 1919. The family moved to Rio de Janeiro, Triunfo, Panambi, eventually settling in Castro in 1923. René Frey married Maria Damaski in 1925, while Arnoldo married Maria's sister, Lydia, in 1931. Following the death of Arnolodo in July 1980, Lydia and her children offered in 1988 to family's house to the municipality of Fraiburgo to establish a cultural center, now the Lydia Frey Culture Hall. Lydia Frey died less than one month after the donation.

The Frey established a first sawmill in Fraiburgo in 1938; twenty years later, they owned two sawmills, a mill, a wine cellar, a slaughterhouse, a pig farm and a pottery workshop. In 1943, they built a barrage on stream Passo Novo, forming a big man-made lake; water was used to feed the sawmill's boiler and steam engine and to fight blazes, which were common at the time.

The first apple stocks were imported to Fraiburgo from France in 1963 and kept for another 5 months in cold rooms, under the supervision of the French agronomist Roger Biau (b. 1930), considered as the father of Brazilian apple cultivation. Large-scale production started in 1976. Now known as Apple Land, Fraiburgo accounts fro 30% of apple production in Santa Catarina and 16% of the national production. Some 10,000 people work in orchards during the harvest period.

Liberata was elevated to a district of Curitibanos. The municipality of Fraiburgo was established by State Law No. 797 promulgated on 20 December 1961, separating from Curitibanos and Videira.

https://www.fraiburgo.sc.gov.br/
Municipal website
http://www.abpm.org.br/maca-e-tudo-de-bom/roger-biau-pai-da-maca-brasileira-se
ABPM

Ivan Sache, 3 November 2021


About the Flag

The flag of Fraiburgo is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 303 promulgated on 5 September 1977.

Article 6.
The municipal flag of Fraiburgo, authored by Rui Vital Batagelo and Francisco Costella, assisted by the heraldist and vexillologist Arcinoé Antônio Peixoto de Faria, shall be tierced per bend sinister, in green, white and yellow colors, the coat of arms of the municipality applied to the white color.
§1. In compliance with the Portuguese heraldry tradition, and their inherited canons and rules, municipal flags have to be divided in eight, six, four or three parts, featuring the same colors as the field of the coat of arms and in the center or at hoist a geometrical figure inscribing the municipal coat of arms.
§2. The municipal flag of Fraiburgo obeys this general rule, being tierced per bend sinister. The coat of arms applied on the flag represents the municipal government. Green is a symbol of honor, civility, courtesy, glee, abundance and hope; hope is green since greening fields in spring promise profuse harvests. White is a symbol of peace, friendship, work, prosperity, purity and religious feeling. Yellow symbolizes industry, a source of income for the municipality.

Article 7.
In compliance with heraldic rules, the municipal flag shall have the official dimensions prescribed for the national flag, 14 units in width on 20 units in length.

https://leismunicipais.com.br/a/sc/f/fraiburgo/lei-ordinaria/1977/31/303/lei-ordinaria-n-303-1977-dispoe-sobre-a-reforma-e-apresentacao-dos-simbolos-do-municipio-de-fraiburgo-e-da-outras-providencias
Leis Municipais database

The coat of arms of Fraiburgo was elaborated in Paris in 1964 by the heraldic designer Robert Louis upon request of Albert Mahler, a French immigrant who worked with the brothers Frey in local viticulture and settled in Fraiburgo in the early age of the municipality.
The coat of arms consists in a shield horizontally divided into two equal parts. In the upper part, two crossed logs cuts by two axes, symbolizing timber extraction by the brothers Frey, the municipality's origin. In the lower part, St. Catherine's wheel and sword, recalling the state's patron saint. The flowers surrounding the wheel represents Fraibrugo's forests.
The shield surmounted by a fortification ("burgo") surmounted by nine stars meaning freedom (in German, "frei" means "free").
The storks supporting the shield recall Alsace, the country of origin of the brothers who founded the municipality. In Alsace, storks nesting on a house's chimney are considered as a good presage. Beneath the shield, a scroll inscribed "Fraiburgo" and a cogwheel, symbolizing industry. The shield surrounded by bunch of grapes, recalling one of the region's new sources of income.

The original coat of arms was subsequently amended. The stars were dropped and apple-trees were substituted to grapes as the shield's sinister supporters, recalling the substitution of apple orchards to vineyards. The municipality's date of foundation was added to the scroll.

http://www.fraiburgo.sc.gov.br/site/sites.aspx?s=333&n=344
Municipal website

Photos
https://www.facebook.com/camarafraiburgo/photos/a.282784751877787/1156737054482548/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/camarafraiburgo/photos/a.283146225174973/1488177584671825/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/camarafraiburgo/photos/a.283146225174973/1302199799936272/?type=3&theater

Ivan Sache, 3 November 2021


Coat of Arms

[Flag of Fraiburgo] image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 5 February 2007

The coat or arms was created in 1964 in Paris by heraldist Robert Louis on commission of Albert Mahler, an early German-ascent local, and later changed. It refers to Fraiburgo's woods and timber industry (logs and flowers) and St. Catherine's martyrdom tools, for the State's namesake, and includes also storks as supporters standing for Alsatia, whence come the first settlers; cogwheel and apples symbolize Fraiburgo's recent industries.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 5 February 2007


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Namibia
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Schweden
 in Wappenform (6,2 x 7,3 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Stockflagge Thüringen (45 x 30 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge Frohe Weihnachten rot
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Burundi Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop