
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2020-08-08 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | quevedos |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
14 March 2012
Source:
http://cid-57cc02038c003794.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents
The municipality of Quevedos (2,710 inhabitants in 2010; 54,336 ha) is
located 380 km north-west of Porto Alegre.
Quevedos is named for its
first settler, the pioneer José de Quevedo de Macedo (d. 1842), who came here
from São Paulo in 1802. In a document dated 1831, Macedo called the place Costa
de Toropi. His daughter, Josefa Quevedo, erected on 1820 a "small church", for
which the settlement was named Igrejinha, eventually renamed to Quevedos by
Decree No. 7,589 issued on 29 November 1938.
The municipality of Quevedos was
established by Municipal Law No. 9,589 promulgated on 20 March 1992 and
inaugurated on 1 January 1993.
http://camaraquevedos.rs.gov.br/
Municipal Chamber website
Ivan Sache,
2 August 2020
A descending diagonal tricolour, red-yellow-blue with the charge of the upper
field of the municipal coat of arms in the
centre.
Dirk Schönberger,
14 March 2012
The municipality of Quevedos (2,710 inhabitants in 2010; 54,336 ha) is
located 380 km north-west of Porto Alegre.
Quevedos is named for its
first settler, the pioneer José de Quevedo de Macedo (d. 1842), who came here
from São Paulo in 1802. In a document dated 1831, Macedo called the place Costa
de Toropi. His daughter, Josefa Quevedo, erected on 1820 a "small church", for
which the settlement was named Igrejinha, eventually renamed to Quevedos by
Decree No. 7,589 issued on 29 November 1938.
The municipality of Quevedos was
established by Municipal Law No. 9,589 promulgated on 20 March 1992 and
inaugurated on 1 January 1993.
http://camaraquevedos.rs.gov.br/
Municipal Chamber website
The flag and arms of Quevedos were
established by Municipal Law No. 110 promulgated on 28 August 1995.
http://camaraquevedos.rs.gov.br/index.php?main=infomun&grm=2
Municipal
Chamber website
The flag is charged with the main element of the coat of
arms, a representation of the "Quevedos' Small Church", which was most probably
erected a few years before 1852.
http://camaraquevedos.rs.gov.br/index.php?main=infomun&grm=12
Municipal
website
Ivan Sache, 2 August 2020
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: