Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | terra roxa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Terra Roxa (17,439 inhabitants in 2019; 89,079 ha) is
located 650 km north-west of Curitiba. The municipality is made of the districts
of Terra Roxa (seat) and Santa Rita (established by Law No. 99 promulgated on 24
January 1964) and Alto Alegre (est. by Law No. 46 promulgated 16 June 1976).
Terra Roxa was settled in 1955 by Londrina-based Companhia Ipiranga, subsequently renamed to Companhia de Colonização e Desenvolvimento Rural (CODAL). The place was first settled on 15 December 1955 by the families of Nilo Benigno Faya Corte and Sebastião Leão. Father Rafael Pivetti celebrated a first mass on 15 January 1956 after the inauguration of Hotel Maracaju.
The district of Terra Roxa d'Oeste was established, as part of the municipality of Guaíra, by State Law No. 45 promulgated on 3 October 1956. The municipality of Terra Roxa was established by State Law No. 220 promulgated on 14 December 1961. Th name of Terra Roxa ("Purple Soil") was erroneously derived by Brazilian colonists from "terra rossa" ("Red Soil"), the name given to this type of soil by the Italian colonists who developed coffee cultivation in the region.
Terra Roxa was granted the title of national capital of baby linen by Federal Law No. 13,537 promulgated on 15 December 2017.
The flag of Terra Roxa is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 71 promulgated on 16 October 1986.
On the municipal Flag, resources are represented by the color yellow.
The municipal flag of Terra Roxa will have the standard size of 1.45 m in length by 95 cm in width.
Leis Municipais database
The arms of Terra Roxa is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 72 promulgated on 16 October 1986.
The tower means that the municipality of Torra Roxa is the seat of a county. The shield contains five symbols as follows.
Agriculture, the municipality being a major grain producer.
Livestock, for its participation in the economy.
A Bible, symbolizing faith, because people will not have peace and harmony without believing in the creator of the world.
A school, as basic education fosters people's victory.
Commerce, impulsing the strength of society.
The municipality's sources of income are represented by coffee and cotton, symbolizing the agricultural resources.
Leis Municipais database
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.