Last modified: 2012-03-03 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | santa cecília do pavão |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
A gold flag with the municipal arms centred.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 23 September 2011
Santa Cecília do Pavão (3,648 inhabitants in 2010; 110 sq. km) is located in
northern Paraná, 360 km of Curitiba. Santa Cecília do Pavão emerged around a
chapel dedicated to St. Cecilia, built in 1947 by Abdala Derbli. The first
settler of the place was Lupércio do Amaral Soares. They were joined on 1 May
1948 by families of Japanese origin led by Sussumo Nakamura and Eiji and Tatsui
Sakai. The district of Santa Cecília do Pavão, founded on 22 November (St.
Cecilia's Day) 1948, was established, as part of the municipality of São
Jerônimo da Serra, by State Law No. 790 of 14 November 1951. The municipality of
Santa Cecília do Pavão was established by State Law No. 4,245 of 25 July 1960
and inaugurated on 22 November (St. Cecilia's day) 1961.
The coat of arms of Santa Cecília do Pavão is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 10, adopted in 1968. The coat of arms is "Argent a triangle argent fimbriated sable charged with an anvil sable ensigned with a peacock proper and surrounded by a branch of coffee and a branch of cotton proper, the chief azure inscribed 'Santa Cecília do Pavão - Paraná' ". The shield surmounted by a five-towered mural crown.
The triangle represents strength. The anvil represents work. The peacock
symbolizes the beauty of the vast Tibagi valley, where the municipality is
located. The peacock ("pavão") also makes the arms canting.
Ivan Sache, 25 February 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.