Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | jardim alegre |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Jardim Alegre (11,465 inhabitants in 2018; 39,362 ha) is
located 400 km west of Curitiba.
Jardim Alegre was established in 1952 by Genibre Aires Machado, Pedro Machado, Renato Machado, Godofredo Aires Machado, and Acincino Aires Vidal (their cousin), owners of Fazenda Rancho Alegre. The then tiny settlement was soon renamed to Trâs Machado; why the chosen name referred to only three Machados while they were five is still a matter of speculation. The municipal coat of arms, however, features as its main charges five axes ("machados") honoring the five founders.
The district of Jardim Alegre was established, within the municipality of Ivaiporã, by State Law No. 4,367 promulgated on 24 May 1961, to be elevated a municipality by State Law No. 4,859 promulgated on 28 April 1964. The municipality was inaugurated on 14 December 1964.
The flag of Jardim Alegre is divided into nine horizontal stripes, in turn celestial blue and white, with a square celestial blue canton covering five stripes in width and charged in the center with a white stripe.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.