Last modified: 2012-03-03 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | jaguapitã |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Vertical tricolour blue-yellow-white, in ratio 1-2-1, with the municipal arms centred on the yellow stripe.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 29 July 2011
The municipality of Jaguapitã (12,256 inhabitants in 2010; 475 sq. km) is
located in north central Paraná, 450 km of Curitiba.
Jaguapitã was founded in 1937, as São José dos Bandeirantes, by Antonio Pinto and Izaltino Rodrigues. The early colonists grew grains and coffee. Made a colony in 1940, the settlement became in 1943 the district of Jaguapitã, part of the municipality of Sertanópolis. The municipality of Jaguapitã was established in 1947.
The flag of Jaguapitã is to be found a
Wikipedia page, where the image is sourced to the municipal website
but the Wikipedia contributor, for an unknown reason, removed the lateral
parts of the original image. The flag shown on the municipal website, with
proportions 6:11, has the vertical stripes of equal width, and should be
represented so. The odd color of the left stripe could be indeed regular
blue, somewhat darker than for the shield of the coat of arms.
The coat of arms of Jaguapitã was thought by Reinaldo Gonçalves and designed by Benedito Ursi. The shield is charged with a branch of cotton (dexter) and a branch of coffee (sinister), the main sources of income at the time. The shield is surmounted by a resting ocelot ("jaguatirica"), whose presence has been reported by the oldest settlers of the municipality.
Ivan Sache, 18 February 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.