Last modified: 2012-03-17 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | farol |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Four yellow radiating diagonal rays on a white field, with the municipal arms centred.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 20 July 2011
The municipality of Farol (3,472 inhabitants in 2010; 289 sq. km) is located in
central western Paraná, 490 km of Curitiba. Farol was established in 1942 by
colonists coming from southern Paraná; the settlement was named Pinhalão D'Oeste
in 1948. The district of Farol, established by State Law No. 17 of 30 November
1955 as a part of the municipality of Campo Mourão, was made an
independent municipality by State Law No. 9,785 of 25 October 1991. Farol
(lit., "a beacon") is named for a road shield located on the bank of the
river, also named Farol, at the crossing of the two main roads of the region,
used by the pioneers as sailors use a beacon to find their way.
The symbols of Farol are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 30, adopted in 1993.
http://farol.eprefeituras.com.br/educacao/simbolos.php (new URL)
Ivan Sache, 17 February 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.