Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | boa esperança |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Boa Esperança (4,568 inhabitants in 2010; 30,738 ha) is
located 500 km west of Curitiba.
Boa Esperança was originally named Barreiro do Oeste (West Clay), as a reference to the roads that became mud rivers after massive rain events. The district of Barreiro do Oeste was established by State Law No. 613 promulgated on 27 January 1951, to be elevated a municipality by State Law No. 4,844 promulgated 6 March 1964. Separated from Janiópolis and Mamborê, the new municipality was renamed to Boa Esperança (Good Hope) upon request of the inhabitants, who wanted to express their optimism for the future once the initial difficulties were gone.
The flag of Boa Esperança is green, charged in the center with a white horizontal stripe superimposed with another red stripe, and with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 31 January 2022
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.