Last modified: 2012-03-26 by ian macdonald
Keywords: piauí | marcolândia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger, 12 June 2011
A horizontally divided flag, white over green, with narrow blue and yellow stripes between the main fields. In center the municipal arms. In the upper hoist a large yellow star, with on its lower right arm, a small green star.No official website found. The flag is shown at http://marcolandia-piaui.blogspot.com/2008/08/saudaes-ao-mundo.html which seems to be a blog about Marcolândia.
Dirk Schönberger, 12 June 2011
The municipality of Marcolândia (7,010 inhabitants in 2010; 137 sq. km) is located in southeastern Piauí, 350 km of Teresina.
The flag of Marcolândia was designed by José Roberto da Silva. Green represents cassava fields. The blue and yellow lines represent the localization of the municipality on the border between Piauí (yellow) and Pernambuco (blue). White represents the production of cassava flour. In canton, the yellow star represents the Piauí State; it is charged with a smaller green star representing the geographical localization of the municipality in the State.
The coat of arms depicts a stylized wing representing liberty and
independence. The green gear wheel symbolizes industry, here the
cassava flour mills. In the lower right part of the shield is placed a
plant of cassava.
The scroll is charged with the years of establishment of the tax post
("1956") and of the political emancipation of the municipality ("1992").
http://marcolandia-piaui.blogspot.com/2008/08/saudaes-ao-mundo.html - Marcolândia unofficial website
Ivan Sache, 7 March 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.