Last modified: 2012-02-10 by ian macdonald
Keywords: mato grosso | alto taquari |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by André Pires Godinho, 8 November 2005
Seven horizontal yellow and green stripes, a red disk centered on the middle three stripes, and two white hooked shapes extending diagonally into the red disk. In the upper two stripes, a small white triangle at the hoist, and in the uppermost yellow stripe, a small red star near the hoist.
municipality of Alto Taquari (8,100 inhabitants in 2010; 1,395 sq. km) is
located in southeastern Mato Grosso, 480 km of Cuiabá. Alto Taquari was
originally named Taquari, for river Taquari ("Upper Taquari"), whose name
comes from the Tupi word "taquara", meaning "bamboo", a plant abundant in
this river. The district of Taquari was created by State Law No. 669 of 7 May
1938. The municipality of Alto Taquari was created by State Law No. 4,993 of
13 May 1986.
The image of the flag shown on the municipal website slightly differs from the one shown above. A thin vertical white stripe "isolates" the canton from the rest of the flag.
Ivan Sache, 24 January 2012
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.