Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Tinlot (Municipality, Province of Liège, Belgium)

Last modified: 2015-07-28 by ivan sache
Keywords: tinlot | merlettes: 6 (red) | birds: 6 (red) | eynatten |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Tinlot]

Municipal flag of Tinlot - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 9 January 2008


See also:


Presentation of Tinlot and its villages

The municipality of Tinlot (2,358 inhabitants on 1 January 2007; 3,712 ha; therefore the less inhabited municipality in the Province of Liège) is located in the region of Condroz, south-east of Huy. The municipality of Tinlot was formed in 1976 by the merging of the former municipalities of Soheit-Tinlot, Abée, Fraiture, Ramelot and Seny.

Soheit-Tinlot is made of two villages whose site was already settled in the Roman period. In the Middle Ages, Soheit was ruled by the Court of Diepenbeek while Tinlot was ruled by the Court of Liège. The domain of Tinlot belonged successively to the families d'Ourthe de Fraiture (1323), Joswin de Flémalle (early XVth century), de Blehen d'Abée (1514), and eventually to the family d'Eynatten, until the end of the XIXth century. Surrounded by a big park, the castle of Tinlot was rebuilt in 1617 and revamped in Romantic style in the XIXth century. The bas-reliefs of the castle chapel, founded by Wathieu de Woot, lord of Tinlot, are attributed to the famous baroque sculptor Jean Delcour (1631-1707).

Abée, mentioned for the first time in the Xth century, was once one of the most important domains in the Principality of Liège, including the hamlets of Outrelouxhe, Saint-Jean-Sart, Froidefontaine and Ferée. The local lords of Abée were succeeded by the Blehen (1445-1556), the Eynatten (1556-1757) and the Horion.

Fraiture, mentioned for the first time in 965, was ruled by the Court of Liège. The domain belonged successively to the families Houffalize, Merode, Brialmont, Soumagne and de Hayme de Bomal.
In 1874, the anti-establishment writer Joseph Demoulin edited in Liège the story of Paul Derenne, as the novel entitled Le D'zy and subtitled Roman de mœurs condruziennes. A poor farmer in summer and a poor lumberjack in winter, Derenne killed Knight of Cortis, who had attempted to rape his wife in the Gougeon wood; not trusting justice, Derenne escaped the jail of Fraiture and was nicknamed "D'zy", the Walloon name of the slow worm. After the death of all his family and the loss of his farm, D'zy lived in the woods for years, helped and protected by all the inhabitants of Fraiture, especially by the priest Moret and his friend Jean Bouvier. Still chased by the gendarmes, D'zy had several adventures, always helping the poor. Rehabilitated, D'zy lived in a small house on the village square, near the gendarmerie (sic) and was killed accidentally in Brussels during the Independance War in 1830.

Ramelot, located in the past closed to the Roman way Arlon-Tongeren, belonged to the Duchy of Luxembourg, but was ran by the Louvrex family, from Liège. Mathias-Guillaume de Louvrex, owner of the castle of Ramelot, was Mayor of Liège in 1702 and private councillor of the Prince-Bishop. He wrote a once famous Recueil des Règlements et Privilèges de la Principauté.

Seny was mentioned for the first tile around 1100, as belonging to the abbey of Sint-Truiden. The village belonged successively to the Count of Durbuy, the Count of Luxembourg (1334), the Principality of Liège, the Count of Namur (1360) and, eventually, to the Duke d'Ursel (1756).

Source: Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 3 December 2007


Municipal flag of Tinlot

The municipal flag of Tinlot is white with a red descending diagonal stripe and six red merlettes surrounding the diagonal stripe (3 + 3).
According to Armoiries communales en Belgique. Communes wallonnes, bruxelloises et germanophones, this flag was proposed by the Heraldry and Vexillology Council of the French Community, as Blanc à une laize diagonale descendante rouge accompagnée de six merlettes également rouges, rangées en orle (A white flag with a red bend and six red merlettes surrounding the bend).
The flag is a banner of the municipal arms.

The arms of Tinlot are shown on the front page of the municipal website. These are the arms of the Eynatten family, In zilver een schuinbalk, vergezeld en rechts en links van drie zoomsgewijs geplaatste merletten, alles rood (Argent a bend surrounded dexter and sinister by three merlettes, all gules).

Pascal Vagnat & IVan Sache, 9 January 2008


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Freundschafts-Pin
 Deutschland - Dominikanische Republik Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Trinidad und Tobago Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Dänemark
(250 x 150 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Zielflagge Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Peru
(250 x 150 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop