Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Yupiit of Andreafski, Alaska (U.S.)

Native American

Last modified: 2019-11-14 by rick wyatt
Keywords: yupiit of andreafski | alaska | native american |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Yupiit of Andreafski, Alaska flag] image located by Valentin Poposki, 7 August 2019
 


See also:


The Flag

Andreafski village is located on the north bank of Andreafski River, in Unorganized Borough, Alaska.

History of the City of St. Mary's, Algaaciq Tribal Government and Yupiit of Andreafski (three separate entities)

In 1899, Andreafsky was established as a supply depot and winter headquarters for the Northern Commercial Company’s riverboat fleet.

The village took its name from the Andrea family which settled on the River and built a Russian Orthodox Church. In 1903, Jesuit missionaries set up a mission 90 miles downriver at “Akulurak” to educate and care for the children orphaned by a flu epidemic in 1900-01.

Akulurak means “in between place,” aptly describing the village, which was on an island in a slough connecting two arms of the Yukon River. The mission school flourished, and by 1915, there were 70 full-time students.

Over the years, the slough surrounding Akulurak silted in severely. In 1948, the villagers decided to move to higher ground. Materials from an abandoned hotel built during the gold rush were used to construct the new mission and several village homes at the present site. In 1949, an unused 15′ by 30′ building and other building materials from Galena Air Force Station were barged to Saint Mary’s by Father Spils, a Jesuit priest. These materials, along with a tractor borrowed from Holy Cross, were used to construct a school. In 1967, St. Mary’s incorporated as a city, although the residents of Andreafsky chose to remain a separate community. In 1980, the communities combined. In 1987 the Catholic Church closed.

A federally recognized tribe is located in our village– the Algaaciq Tribal Government; Yupiit of Andreafski.

The photo of the Yupiit of Andreafski flag was taken from the official Facebook page.

Valentin Poposki, 7 August 2019


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne des Freistaat Bayern - Motiv 3
(150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Polen mit Wappen
 in Wappenform (6,2 x 7,3 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Schweden
 (250 x 150 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Hessen Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Saudi-Arabien 15x10cm
 mit Kunststoffständer Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop