Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de
Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Lifesaving Service (U.S.)
Last modified: 2013-10-19 by rick wyatt
Keywords: lifesaving service | departmental | united states |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by Joe McMillan, 30 June 2001
Lifesaving Service Station Pennant
Before being incorporated into the Coast Guard, the Lifesaving Service was divided into 12 districts. Stations in each district were distinguished by a pennant divided into three vertical stripes, blue, white, and red, with a white star in the upper hoist. This pennant was displayed below a flag identifying the district:
- 1st District (Maine and New Hampshire) - Solid red.
- 2nd District (Massachusetts) - Divided horizontally white over blue.
- 3rd District (Rhode Island and Long Island, NY) - Solid blue.
- 4th District (New Jersey) - Divided horizontally white over red.
- 5th District (Cape Henlopen (mouth of Delaware River) to Cape Charles (mouth of Chesapeake Bay)) - Divided horizontally blue over white.
- 6th District (Cape Henry (mouth of Chesapeake Bay) to Cape Fear, North Carolina) - Divided horizontally red over blue.
- 7th District (South Carolina, Georgia, Atlantic coast of Florida) - Divided horizontally red over white.
- 8th District (Gulf of Mexico coast) - Solid red swallowtailed.
- 9th District (Lakes Erie and Ontario) - Solid white swallowtailed.
- 10th District (Lakes Huron and Superior) - Solid blue swallowtailed.
- 11th District (Lake Michigan) - Swallowtailed, divided horizontally red over white.
- 12th District (Pacific Coast) - Swallowtailed, white with blue stripes along upper and lower edges.
Joe McMillan, 30 June 2001
Source: "Official Danger, Distress and Storm Signal Codes for Signal Service Sea-Coast Stations and Mariners (Washington: Government Printing Office, 1883) (a small book issued by the War Department's Chief Signal Officer)
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: