Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de
Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Rutherford County, Tennessee (U.S.)
Last modified: 2021-05-21 by rick wyatt
Keywords: rutherford county | tennessee |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 12 March 2007
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Rutherford County:
Description of the flag
The flag of Rutherford county in Tennessee, U.S. can be found here www.goscreenart.com/rutherfordco.html. It is a Tennessee style flag, with a narrow blue fly edge bearing three stars. On the red field is
an emblem of the county.
Rutherford County (218,292 inhabitants in 1803; 1,616 sq. km; seat, Murfreesboro) is located in the center of Tennessee, and nicknamed, accordingly, "The Heart of Tennessee". From the source above the following information can be
found "This is the official Rutherford County Flag as adopted by the Rutherford County Commission in August 2004."
With the help of the website of the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce, I have been able to identify all elements shown on the county seal but one:
Ivan Sache, 4 December 2008
- The cannon represents the Stones River Battlefield, "a 650-acre national park and cemetery dedicated to preserving the memory of those who fought and died in this crucial Civil War battle". www.rutherfordchamber.org/cvb/visitors/what-to-see/what-to-see-detail.php?PRKey=1
- The cannon is identified on the website of the National Battlefield as a Parson's battery. "The men of Parsons' Battery, Batteries H & M of the Fourth U.S. Artillery, fired 2,199 cannon rounds during the Battle of Stones River. That was more than ten percent of all of the Union artillery rounds fired during the battle." www.nps.gov/stri/photosmultimedia/index.htm
- The river is the Stones River.
- The two-storey house is Sam Davis Home and Museum. "Sam Davis was a young Confederate Civil War soldier who, while acting as a courier, was tried and executed at the age of 21 for refusing to reveal the source of important information he was carrying. The Sam Davis Home, which was built along the banks of Stewarts Creek in 1820, rests on 168 acres of farmland. The two-story home is typical of a Southern, upper middle-class family of those times." www.rutherfordchamber.org/cvb/visitors/what-to-see/what-to-see-detail.php?PRKey=3
- The building with the dome is the Rutherford County Courthouse. "Located on the Murfreesboro Downtown Square, the Rutherford County Courthouse is one of only six remaining Tennessee courthouses built before the Civil War. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its significant architecture, political and military history. The interior of the courthouse has been restored to its 19th Century appearance." www.rutherfordchamber.org/cvb/visitors/what-to-see/what-to-see-detail.php?PRKey=6
- The obelisk marks the spot of the Geographical Center of Tennessee. "In 1834, it was determined that the geographic center of Tennessee is located on Old Lascassas Pike, one mile from the Middle Tennessee State University campus. The Rutherford County Historical Society marked the spot with an obelisk in 1976." www.rutherfordchamber.org/cvb/visitors/what-to-see/what-to-see-detail.php?PRKey=14
- The monument shown on the seal is located at the front entrance of the Middle Tennessee State University, as shown on the university website: www.mtsu.edu/admissn/tour/welcome.htm
image located by Paul Bassinson, 4 March 2019
Paul Bassinson, 4 March 2019
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: