
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: mniow |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Nov 2008
First mentioned in XIV century. In 1590 became the property of the Castellan
of Wieluń - Jakub Gawroński of the Coat of Arms "Rawicz", who build a wooden (larch)
church in 1596, which made Mniów a local administrative and economic center.
In May 1943, the Nazis executed 53 innocent civilians (including 15
children) in revenge for the partizanś attacks on them.
Arms and flag adopted on April 29, 2004 (resolution # 12/XV/04).
"Arms: on the shield divided horizontally into two fields, on the main,
gold field there is a maiden sitting on the back of the black bear - it
is a charge taken from the noble Coat of Arms "Rawicz" of the Rawita-Gawronski family,
owners of Mniów.
The header of the shield, red in color, shows 4 white eagles symbolizing
the martryrdom of Saint Stanislaus, patron of the local church.
Flag: A coloristic-tautological rendition of the Arms of the commune.
Ratio of the flag is 5:8."
Designer of the Arms and flag of Mniów is Dr.Jerzy Michta.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Nov 2008
image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Nov 2008
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: