Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de
Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
India: Car Flags
Last modified: 2010-06-18 by ian macdonald
Keywords: india | car flag |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
From the Indian flag code pages,
and as described in Das (1984), specified senior Indian officials are entitled to display the Indian
national flag on automobiles in which they are riding. The flag used for
this purpose, according to the flag code pages, measures 6 x 9 inches (about 15 x
23 cm). The following officials are entitled to use this flag:
Similar rules exist for use of the Pakistani flag on cars.
- The President and Vice President of the Republic
- Governors and lieutenant governors of states and union territories
- Indian chiefs of diplomatic missions (e.g., ambassadors, high
commissioners) when in the country to which they are accredited
- The Prime Minister and other ministers of the Union cabinet
- Union ministers of state and deputy ministers
- Chief ministers, ministers, ministers of state, and deputy ministers of
state of state governments
- Ministers of state and deputy ministers of union territories
- The Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha (lower house of
- The Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha (Council of States, or upper house
of parliament; under the Indian Constitution the Vice President of the
Republic is ex officio chairman of the Rajya Sabha)
- Chairmen and deputy chairmen of state legislative councils when in their
- Speakers and deputy speakers of state and territorial assemblies when in
their respective states or territories
- Chief Justice of India and other justices of the Supreme Court
- Chief justices of High Courts
As I think I've noted in the past, the alleged abuse of this right has been
a political cause célebre from time to time in both countries.
Joe McMillan, 30 January 2003
Quoting the Indo-Asian News Service (IANS) agency, 24 April 2010:
"Unauthorized use of beacon lights or national
flags on motor vehicles will now invite penal action in Punjab, an official
said Saturday. A government spokesman said the state had specified
who were entitled to use the red lights and national flag on their vehicles.
These included the Punjab governor, chief minister, cabinet and state
ministers, chief parliamentary secretaries and parliamentary secretaries,
chief justice of the Punjab and Haryana high court and its judges, MPs from
Punjab, legislators and others included in the notification."
Ivan Sache, 9 May 2010
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: