Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

University of Zagreb (Croatia): Faculties

Part 2

Last modified: 2015-05-14 by ivan sache
Keywords: university of zagreb |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Faculties at the University of Zagreb

The University of Zagreb is composed today of 29 faculties (list), 3 academies (list) and a number of other entities.

The various constituent units of the University of Zagreb are legal persons on their own, having their own Statutes, which often, if not always, prescribe the emblem and the flag. The emblem is sometimes refered to as a "coat of arms" even if it is clearly not a heraldic coat of arms, but in other cases it is called simply a symbol or a logo.
Almost regularly, the Statutes include prescription that the symbol ("coat of arms") of the University and its flag are to be used as well. Sometimes it is even prescribed that the University flag and arms are also those of the particular unit.
In some cases no symbols (besides the administrative seals required for legal purpose) are prescribed, but clearly, some are in use. In yet other cases, there is a "new" symbol in use, while the Statutes prescribe an older version. Or, the Statutes simply mention the symbols to be defined further in some other internal regulations.
Very often, the "coats of arms" are made of a circular seal, with inscription around the edge and an emblem in the centre, often featuring a building. Other are more innovative, soem of them featuring a commercial graphical logo.

Almost as a rule, the flag is monocoloured, charged with the emblem. The colour of the emblem ("coat of arms", logo, symbol) is often, but by no means always, not defined for individual use; however, they are then, mostly, prescribed to be shown in a particular colour on the flag. Sometimes even the use of the emblem on the flag prescribes different colour then when used individually.

Željko Heimer, 2 September 2014


Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture

[Flag]         [Arms]

Flag and emblem of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture - Images by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014

The Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology (Fakultet kemijskog inženjerstva i tehnologije) has roots in the Royal Technical College (Visoka tehnička škola), established in 1919 as as an institution independent from the University, becoming part of it in 1926 as the Technical Faculty. The Faculty was divided in 1956 into several independent faculties, one of which was the Faculty of Machine Engeenering and Shipbuilding (Strojarsko-brodogra&x0111;evni fakultet). In 1958 the Nautical Machine Engineer College (Visoka tehnička škola za pogonske inženjere) was established and in 1967 the two were merged into the current Faculty.

Article 5 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Fakulteta strojarstva i brodogradnje, last amended on 20 September 2005 (text), prescribes that the emblem shall be prescribed in the Rules on use of mark, seal and emblem of the Faculty, Pravilnik o korištenju žiga, pečata i znaka Fakulteta, last amended on 21 November 2006 (text).

The Faculty nautical club uses the Faculty emblem in its burgee.

Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014


Faculty of Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry

[Flag]         [Flag]         [Arms]

Flag (official and simplified version) and emblem of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry (reconstructonn) - Images by Željko Heimer, 19 September 2014

The study of pharmacy was established at Zagreb University in 1882, in 1928 at the Faculty of Philosophy. The Faculty of Pharmacy (Farmaceutski fakultet) was established in 1942, renamed in 1963 to the current name, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry (Farmaceutsko-biokemijski fakultet).

Article 6 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Farmaceutsko-biokemijskog fakulteta Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, last amended on 30 November 2009, describes in details the "coat of arms" and the flag.
The emblem ("coat of arms") is described as a black outlined white disk with depictions of St. Cosmas clad red and St. Damian clad green, by each a three-row inscribed name, and below them year "1882". Along the top the University name, along the bottom the Faculty name. The green clothing represents pharmacy, green being said to be the international colour of pharmacy; the red clothing represents medical biochemistry, red being said to be the international colour of medicine. The year represents the date when study of pharmacy was introduced in the University of Zagreb.
The flag is prescribed as blue and green with a golden outlined green oval panel depicting St. Cosmas and St. Damian with their names inscribed red. Above in blue background the University name and in golden background the Faculty name, and beneath year "1882". Along the top of the flag in green background a golden wattle ornament, and along the bottom another one in blue background. A simplified flag, vertically divided blue-green with the Faculty emblem appears to be also used.

Željko Heimer & Marko Vitez, 19 September 2014


Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences

[Arms]

Emblem of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014

Article 5 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Filozofskog fakulteta (pročišćeni tekst), last amended on 28 February 2012, mentions that the Faculty has an emblem, but provides no further reference to it.
Nevertheless, the Faculty has been using, apparently since the mid-1990s, the emblem in the form of the round variant Glagolitic letter "M" (Myslite). It looks like four circles connected with three lines somewhat looking like letter "K" rotated 90 degrees clockwise. The name of letter Myslite literally means "thought"/"think", it is also the initial of mudrost ("wisdom"), the root of the archaic Croatian word for philosophy (mudroslovlje, used in the old name of the Faculty).

Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014


Faculty of Geodesy

[Arms]

Logo of the Faculty of Geodesy - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014

The Faculty of Geodesy (Geodetski fakultet) has roots in the Royal Technical College (Visoka tehnička škola), established in 1919 as as an institution independent from the University, becoming part of it in 1926 as the Technical Faculty. The Faculty was divided in 1956 into several independent faculties, one of which was the Faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (Arhitektonsko-građevinsko-geodetski fakultet), which was further divided in 1962.

The Faculty Statutes, Statut Geodetskog fakulteta (pročišćeni tekst), last amended on 10 April 2008 (text), do not prescribe any emblem.
The Faculty uses a logo consisting of an oval mesh of geographic lines of latitude and longitude surrounded with a stylized letter "G" interrupted in base by a letter "F".

Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014


Faculty of Geotechnical Engineering

[Arms]

Logo of the Faculty of Geotechnical Engineering - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014

The Mining and Georesearch School (Viša tehnička rudarska geoistraživačka škola) was established in Varaždin in 1969, renamed in 1975 to Geotechnical College (Viša geotehnička škola) as part of the RNG Faculty of Zagreb until 1990, when it became the current Faculty.

The Faculty Statutes, Statut Geotehničkog fakulteta (Pročišćeni tekst), last amended on 16 September 2009 (text), do not prescribe any emblem.
The Faculty uses a logo consisting of stylized black lowercase initials "GFV" combined with a brown dot in the bottom of letter "G", a blue dot atop letter "F" and a green triangle as part of letter "V".

Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014


Faculty of Civil Engineering

[Arms]

Logo of the Faculty of Civil Engineering - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014

The Faculty of Civil Engineering (Građevinski fakultet) has roots in the Royal Technical College (Visoka tehnička škola), established in 1919 as as an institution independent from the University, becoming part of it in 1926 as the Technical Faculty. The Faculty was divided in 1956 into several independent faculties, one of which was the Faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (Arhitektonsko-građevinsko-geodetski fakultet), which was further divided in 1962.

The Faculty Statutes, Statut Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Građevinskog fakulteta (Pročišćeni tekst), last amended on 20 July 2006 (text), do not prescribe any emblem.
The Faculty uses a logo consisting of black, gray and orange lines, arches and rectangles forming stylized letters "GF".

Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014


Faculty of Graphic Arts

[Arms]

Logo of the Faculty of Graphic Arts - Image by Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014

In 1951 the first Graphical Technical School (Grafički radnički tehnikum) was established in Zagreb, but disbanded soon, and eventually followed in 1959 with the establishment of the Graphical Colledge (Viša grafička škola) that became part of the University in 1979, becomming the Faculty of Graphic Arts (Grafički fakultet) in 1990.

The Faculty Statutes, Statut Grafičkog fakulteta, last amended on 24 February 2014 (text), do not prescribe any emblem.
The Faculty uses a logo consisting of a black dot in the top right of a square with rounded corners.

Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014


Catholic Faculty of Theology

[Arms]

"Coat of arms" of the Catholic Faculty of Theology - Image by Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014

A Jesuit College was established in Zagreb in 1633, which became an Academy in 1662, confirmed by Emperor Leopold I in 1669. After the reforms, in 1784 the Royal Faculty of Theology (Facultas regia theologica) was formed, renamed in 1874 the Roman Catholic Faculty of Theology (Rimokatolički bogoslovni fakultet). In 1952, the Faculty was disbanded as part of the University of Zagreb, but continued to funcion as an ecclesiastic institution of higher education. In 1990 the 1952 decision was revoked, confirming the Faculty documents from the previous period as equally valid as those issued within the University.

Article 4 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Katoličkog bogoslovnog fakulteta Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, last amended on 26 May 2008 (text), prescribe the Faculty "coat of arms" as a circular emblem depicting the old (pre-1880) cathedral of Zagreb, encircled with the inscription "Universitas studiorum zagrabiensis - Facultas theologica catholica" (de facto, although the Statutes prescribe a slightly different and longer inscription in both Croatian and Latin: "Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Katolički bogoslovni fakultet - Zagreb" - "Universitas studiorum Zagrabiensis, Facultas theologiae catholicae - Zagrabiae").

Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014


Faculty of Kinesiology

[Arms]

Emblem of the Faculty of Kinesiology - Image by Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014

In 1959, the Physical Culture College was established in Zagreb, becmming part of the University in 1967. In 1973 it became the Faculty of Physical Culture, renamed in 2001 Faculty of Kinesiology (Kineziološki fakultet).

The Faculty Statutes, Statut Kineziološkog fakulteta u Zagrebu, last amended on 24 January 2013 (text), do not prescribe any emblem.
The Faculty uses a circular emblem showing over an inscribed quartered square a blue stylized figure of a sportsman in movement. The central part of the figure is also a stylized Glagolitic letter "K" (Kako) for "kinesiology". In the circumference above is inscribed the University name, below, the Faculty name.

Željko Heimer, 4 September 2014


School of Medicine

[Flag]         [Arms]

[Flag]         [Arms]

Flag and "coat of arms" of the School of Medicine, either with Croatian or Latin writing - Images by Željko Heimer, 19 September 2014

Although the modernized University in 1874 was supposed to have a "Physicians Faculty" (Lječnički fakultet), it was not established until 1917. when the Faculty of Medicine was opened.

Article 5 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Medicinskog fakulteta (pročišćeni tekst), last amended on 19 January 2011 (text), prescribes the "coat of arms" and the flag of the Faculty.
The "coat of arms" consists of a circular emblem depicting the Deanery (main building) of the Faculty, encircled with the inscription in Croatian or in Latin;above the University name, and, below, the Faculty name and year "1917". In practice the year is omitted from the Croatian variant, while the Latin variant is not confirmed in use, depicted here as a reconstruction.
The flag is in proportions 1:2, white with the emblem in the centre (of unspeficied colour, depicted here black, until further evidence). The diametre of the emblem is half the flag's width. Supposedly, the Latin variant may be used in flag as well.

[Flag]         [Arms]

Former flag and "coat of arms" of the School of Medicine - Images by Željko Heimer, 19 September 2014

Prior to the introduction of the new stylization of the symbols, similar were used (photo, photo) - differing in stylization of the depiction and having two circles enclosing the inscriptions set directly above and below (image). They basically match the same statutory descriptions, and, apparently, miss year "1917", too.

Željko Heimer & Marko Vitez, 19 September 2014


Faculty of Metallurgy

[Flag]         [Arms]

[Flag]         [Arms]

Flag and "coat of arms" of the Faculty of Metallurgy, either with Croatian or Latin writing - Images by Željko Heimer, 19 September 2014

In 1960, as part of the Faculty of Technology (Tehnološki fakultet) of the University of Zagreb, two departments were established in Sisak. Since 1979 the Faculty of Metalurgy has been part of the Sisak Institute of Metallurgy, and since 1991, it has been a component of the University of Zagreb.

Article 3 of the Faculty Statutes, Statut Metalurškog fakulteta, last amended on 18 May 2005 (text), prescribes the "coat of arms" and the flag of the Faculty.
The "coat of arms" consists of a circular emblem depicting the University building, like in the emblem of the University itself, inscribed around with the University name at the top and the Faculty name and year "1960" at the bottom, either Croatian or Latin (where the year is then, of course, written in Roman numerals).
The flag is in proportions 1:2, gray-blue with the golden emblem in the centre (photo, photo, photo). The diameter of the emblem is half the flag's width.

[Arms]         [Arms]

Other emblems of the Faculty of Metallurgy - Images by Željko Heimer, 19 September 2014

The Faculty used aduring thev celebration of the 50 years of the studies in 2010 (video) another emblem, in the shape of a circular seal, depicting the Faculty building within two rings and inscribed the University and Faculty name between them.
Another emblem (image), possibly newer, consists of four white and red rounded-edged squares, the white ones inscribed silver with initials "M" and "F".

Željko Heimer & Marko Vitez, 19 September 2014

Go to Part 3           Go back to Part 1


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Freundschafts-Pin
 Deutschland - Kamerun Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Japan Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Königreich Württemberg
"Furchtlos und Treu."
(150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Bayern Rauten mit Wappen Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Nepal 15x10cm
 mit Kunststoffständer Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop