Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei

Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Nucourt (Municipality, Val-d'Oise, France)

Last modified: 2021-02-03 by ivan sache
Keywords: nucourt |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Nucourt - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 26 October 2020

See also:

Presentation of Nucourt

The municipality of Nucourt (704 inhabitants in 2018, 765 ha) is located 50 km north of Paris.
The Nucourt limestone caves which were used as a World War II V-1 flying bomb storage depot.

Olivier Touzeau, 26 October 2020

Flag of Nucourt

The flag of Nucourt (photo) is white with the municipal arms, "Quarterly, 1. Azure a barrulet argent between six crosslets or three in chief three in base 2. Argent three fesses gules, 3. Gules an eagle argent beaked and membered or, 4. Or three chevronnels gules".

The arms, adopted on 10 November 1959, were designed in 1959 by Roland Vasseur and Fernand Tourret du Vigier, upon request of Mayor Jean-Marc Gernigon.
The arms quarter the arms of four noble families:
1. Grainville (15th century);
2. Boulainvilliers (15th-17th centuries);
3. Blondel de Joigny-Bellebrune (17th-18th centuries);
4. Monthiers de Bosc Roger (late 18th century).
[Armorial des villes et des villages de France]

The two designers of the arms were noted inhabitants of Vexin, who acted for the preservation of the historic heritage of the region.
Roland Vasseur (1920-1995) worked for 30 years as a school teacher in the village of Théméricourt. He was member of the village's Municipal Council from 1959 to 1989. With a keen interest for local history and architecture, he was appointed Curator of Antiques and Arts of Val d'Oise and Vexin and presided the Pontoise Historic and Archeological Society. He was the mentor of Claude Pigeard, a craftsman in wrought iron who collected old tools all over France and transformed in 1977 his forge, located in Wy-dit-Joli-Village, in a famous Tool's Museum. After Pigeard's death in 2003, the museum was taken over by the Departmental Council of Val d'Oise.
Founder of the Amis du Vexin association in 1967, Roland Vasseur promoted the establishment of the Regional Natural Park of Vexin français, which was eventually founded in 1995, short after Vasseur's death, and headquartered in Théméricourt.
[La gazette Val d'Oise, 27 April 2015]

Fernand Tourret (1899-1988) graduated as an Engineer in Aeronautic and subsequently had different jobs: sailor, journalist at Le Gaulois, archeologist, radio technician, cyberneticist... Curious of everything, he published studies on heraldry, occultism and freemasonry. As a poet, he was a regular contributor of La Tour de Feu (The Fire Tower), a noted "internationalist review of poetic creation" edited in Jarnac by the cooper-poet Pierre Boujut (1913-1992) from 1946 to 1981. Boujut's burlesque motto was "Bring us your poems, we'll make masterpieces of them!". He indeed published the singular works of different "minor" poets, Tourret included. The significance of La Tour de Feu for French literature is acknowledged by a dedicated chapter (Sous les feux de la Tour, Under the Tower's fire) in the authoritative, monumental Histoire de la poésie française (9 volumes, 1975-1982) published by Robert Sabatier (1923-2012).

The arms of François de Grainville, "the lord of la Verte Chenets" are shown in the Armorial Général (image).

The Boulainvilliers family originates from the village of the same name, located in Picardy. They were lords of Nucourt from c. 1500 to 1589.
The Armorial Général shows the arms of Alexandre de Boulainvilliers, "captain of a galliotte in Brest) (image) and of de Boulainvilliers (image).

The Blondel de Joigny-Bellebrune family originated from Boulonnais (northern France). The family claimed to descend from the Counts of Joigny and used their arms. D'Hozier, however, stated that this origin was usurped.
Bellebrune was one of the 12 baronies of Boulonnais. Its heiress, Marguerite de Lamotte, married Collenet Blondel de Longvilliers in the late 15th century. François Blondel de Joigny-Bellebrune, lord of Nucourt, had his nobility title confirmed on 15 March 1669 by the State Council.
[C. d'E.-A. [Chaix d'Est-Ange] Dictionnaire des familles françaises anciennes ou notables à la fin du XIXe siècle. Volume 4, BER-BLO. 1905]

Jacques IV de Monthiers (1753-1837) was the last lord of Nucourt from 1788 to 1793 and Mayor of Pontoise from 1781 to 1790. He was made Count of Monthiers in 1837. The Monthiers were lords of Bosc-Roger from c. 1420 to 1672.

Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 30 October 2020

Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne USA
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Namibia Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Freundschafts-Pin
 Deutschland - Montenegro Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Korea / Südkorea
 (250 x 150 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Estland 15x10cm
 mit Kunststoffständer Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop