Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Levallois-Perret (Municipality, Hauts-de-Seine, France)

Last modified: 2017-08-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: levallois-perret |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag]

Flag of Levallois-Perret - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 13 October 2002


See also:


Presentation of Levallois-Perret

The municipality of Levallois-Perret (63,225 inhabitants in 2007, 242 ha; municipal website

) is bordering Paris in its north-west.

In the beginning of the 19th century, agricultural and fallow lands located on the municipalities of Neuilly and Clichy, formerly a domain the Royal abbey of St. Denis, were owned by a dozen of landowners. In 1822, landowner Jean-Jacques Perret divided 20 hectares of land into plots for sale. Belonging to Neuilly, the area was named "Champ-Perret" (Perret's Field). In 1845, another landowner, M. Noël, sold his land to Nicolas-Eugène Levallois. A village was set up: in 1854, the railway from Paris reached the village, where a church and a market were built in 1854 and 1858, respectively. Street lighting was installed in 1855.
The industrial development of Levallois-Perret started in 1860 when the perfumer Antonin Raynaud built there the Oriza perfumery, quickly followed by the perfumery Roger-et-Gallet.
On 30 June 1866, Emperor Napoléon III signed the Law creating the municipality of Levallois-Perret. The first municipal election took place in 1871. The city hall was inaugurated on 27 March 1898. In 1866, Gustave Eiffel (1832-1923) opened in Levallois-Perret the workshops where most of the elements of his Tower were forged. A few years later, Louis Blériot (1872-1936) built his first (aero)plane in Levallois-Perret, and the manufacturer Clément Bayard opened a big factory producing bikes, motorcycles, planes, dirigibles and cars.

Ivan Sache, 13 October 2002


Municipal flag of Levallois-Perret

The flag of Levallois-Perret, as communicated by the municipal administration, is white with the municipal coat of arms placed in the middle of the flag, surmounted by VILLE DE / LEVALLOIS - PERRET, in black letters.

The coat of arms of Levallois-Perret is "Gules on a bend argent between in chief a censer and in base a cog-wheel or three bees bendwise of the field". It symbolizes the development of the town, showing a censer for perfumery and a cogwheel for manufacturing industry. The bees symbolize work; they probably also refer to the creation of the municipality by Napoléon III.

Ivan Sache, 27 February 2010


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Jamaika
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge International Airport Moskau
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne von Worms
 (150 x 90 cm) Premium Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Burgenland
 (8,5 x 5,5 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge Kolumbien
 im Hochformat (Glanzpolyester) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop