
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2012-05-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: yvelines | mezy-sur-seine | lion (yellow) | crown: mural (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
Flag of Mézy-sur-Seine - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 4 November 2002
See also:
The municipality of Mézy-sur-Seine (1,789 inhabitants in 1999; 476 ha) is located on the right bank of river Seine. It was known as Mézy until 16 July 1971.
The top designer Paul Poiret (1879-1944) commission in 1924 the functionalist architect Rob Mallet-Stevens (1886-1945) to build a house in Mézy. Achieved in in 1930, the house was modified by Paul Boyer in 1932 on behalf of its next owner, the actress Elvire Popesco (1894-1993, born in Romania as Elvira Popescu). Elvire Popesco was nicknamed "the Boulevard Comtess", because she excelled in boulevard theatre and was married with the Count of Foy.
Ivan Sache, 4 November 2002
The flag of Mézy-sur-Seine, as communicated by the municipal administration, is horizontally divided white-blue with the municipal coat of arms in the middle and the name of the municipality written in white capital letters below the shield.
Arnaud Leroy & Ivan Sache, 4 November 2002
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: