Last modified: 2021-03-25 by ivan sache
Keywords: saint-cyr-en-val |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Saint-Cyr-en-Val - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 14 January 2021
The municipality of Saint-Cyr-en-Val (3,302 inhabitants in 2018; 4,423 ha; municipal website) is located 10 km south-east of Orléans.
Saint-Cyr-en-Val was already settled in the Neolithic, as evidenced by bronze axes and a funerary urn found in the municipal territory. Six tumulus dated 1600 BC are yet to be excavated. In the Roman times, the territory was crossed by the road connecting Genabum (Orléans) to Avaricum (Bourges).
In 1002, King Robert the Pious offered plots from the royal domain to the chapter of Saint-Pierre-le Puellier in Orléans. The canons cleared the land and established in Concyr a barn to store the product of the tithe. A village emerged around the fortress of La Mothe, the siege of the feudal domain of Saint-Cyr. A first church was erected in 1275, while farmers set up several hamlets in the cleared areas: Les Vallées, L'Orme, La Saussaye, La Haye, Villesancien. The hamlets were subsequently transformed into big farms.
La Saussaye and Les Vallées were acquired in 1974 by the municipality of Orléans and transformed into the Orléans Sologne business park jointly managed with the municipality of Saint-Cyr-en-Val.
Ivan Sache, 16 January 2021
The flag of Saint-Cyr-en-Val (photo) is white with the municipal logo.
The logo is composed of three geometric areas of [not!] equal size separated by a V-shaped stripe.
The logo evokes the harmony of the elements and the will of the local authorities to privilege a human, economical and ecological balance.The cubes represent controlled economical expansion.
The colors indicate that Saint-Cyr-en-Val is a meeting point between Sologne (dark green), Val de Loire (light green), and industrial world (orange). The blue stripe symbolizes river Dhuy, increasing the idea of harmony.
Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 16 January 2021