Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

La Châtre (Municipality, Indre, France)

Last modified: 2021-03-22 by ivan sache
Keywords: la châtre |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag]

Flag of La Châtre - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 27 October 2020


See also:


Presentation of La Châtre

The municipality of La Châtre (4,040 inhabitants in 2018; 606 ha) is located 40 km of Châteauroux.

La Châtre emrged from a Roman or Gallic camp, hence its appearance under the name of "Castra" in the archives of the 16th century.
In the 11th century, the town had a feudal castle, seat of a barony whose first holder known with certainty is Ebbo VI, last son of Raoul II of Dééls, Lord of Châteauroux, who would have created the barony for his son in 1010. Cistercian monks settled on the banks of river Indre and, by building mills, initiated economic development.
In 1152, Louis VII had his marriage with Eleanor of Aquitaine cancelled. The latter married Henry Plantagen&ecric;t the same year. Ebbo of Châteauroux payed homage to his suzerain, Elanor. His domains were sacked and La Châtre burnt down in 1152 by King Louis VII. In 1189, Denise of Dééls, Princess of Dééls and heiress of Raoul of Châteauroux, was married yo André of Chauvigny by Richard Lionheart. The barony of Châteauroux was subsequebntly ruled by the Chauvigny family for more than two hundred years. La Châtre was submitted by Philip II Augustus in 1209.

In 1369, the Earl of Cambridge, Edmond of Langley, and the Earl of Pembroke, John of Hastings, looted and partly burnt down the town. In 1417, the lord of Chauvigny gave the inhabitants the authorization to fortify the town. This was confirmed thirty years later, in October 1447. The new baron had a fortified castle built around 1424, of which only the keep (today the George Sand Museum) remains, which was located inside the "big town walls".
In the 15th century, at the end of the Hundred Years' War, the town experienced a period of great development. Its location between the possessions of the King of France and the former English provinces made it a place of exchange facilitated by the presence of the court in Bourges.
In the beginning of the 17th century, at the border of the low and high tax zones, a Châtre became a military and administrative town. In 1737, the old Chauvigny keep became a royal prison. In 1788, the Municipal Council decided to tear down the gates of the town, whose walls were already three-quarters demolished.

Olivier Touzeau, 27 October 2020


Flag of La Châtre

The flag of La Châtre (photo, photo) is a banner of the the municipal arms, "Vert, three pavilions argent surmounted by three pennants gules". On the flag, the pavilions are grey, they are open and the inside is red.

Olivier Touzeau, 27 October 2020


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Guinea
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Freundschafts-Pin
 Deutschland - Singapur Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Schleswig-Holstein Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Autoflagge Kosovo Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Barbados Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop